USA: Limited Too Website Sees Success in 3D
Limited Too, the retailer of fashion clothing and accessories for pre-teen and early teenage girls, recently made strides to improve its already successful retail website by allowing visitors to interact with its fashion line in 3D. Since the launch, Limited Too has seen a significant lift in sales of featured 3D items.When the company decided to add 3D technology, it turned to Virtue and its Virtuoso suite of 3D tools. Red Rover, a web integrator, developed Limited Too's site."Virtue's 3D technology allows us to overcome some of the merchandising limitations experienced in online retail," said Miki Racine, director, Internet & e-commerce at Limited Too. "By using 3D, our customers get a better feel for the online merchandise in terms of color, patterns and fabric texture. Since our customer is the 7 to 14-year-old girl, it also makes the shopping experience more fun and interactive, which is very important to the Limited Too brand.""We are very happy that a successful online retailer like Limited Too has found continued brand success through the use of our technology," said Lori Dustin, president of Virtue 3D. "I believe an increasing number of online consumers will demand more than a listing and flat picture of a product. Now that Virtue has made 3D over the web a reality, the popularity of 3D shopping will increase sharply."The Limited Too website supplements its retail section with quizzes, polls, discussion forums, games and many other items of interest to its young customers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective