INDIA: Lingerie maker Juliet Apparels invests in fit tools
Juliet Apparels Ltd, India’s largest bra and lingerie manufacturer, has invested in fit forms along with software for digital samples and patterns, in a bid to speed the pre-production process as it grows its business.
Working with over 4,000 retailers and distributors, Juliet has captured over 60% of the bra and panties market in India since its establishment in 1976, making it one of the fastest growing companies in the country.
Juliet is also a leading exporter to Europe, South Africa, UAE, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal.
The firm is expanding by adding 300 of its own stores, and is also in the process of adding another 200,000 square feet of manufacturing space.
“Fit, fashion and value are the key factors in our business, and through technology and teaming up with experienced vendors, we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible products,” noted Mr Bhavesh Trevadia, director of Juliet Apparels Ltd.
The Mumbai-based company has chosen Tukatech systems, including fit forms which have helped reduce cost and development time, especially for bras.
“We believe in cutting edge technologies and we strongly believe digital samples and patterns from Tukatech will help us get faster results,” adds Mr Abhay Trevadia, another director.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts