MIDDLE EAST: Lipsy inks franchise deal with Landmark Group
Lipsy has signed an franchise agreement with the Landmark Group to open its first stores in the Middle East.
Landmark International said the multi-territory agreement will see it launch the UK fashion brand in the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and Lebanon. The first Lipsy store will open in early 2012, with further shops set to open over the next five years.
Landmark Group also operates franchises for chains including New Look, Reiss, and Koton in the Middle East.
"We have ambitious growth plans to develop Lipsy within the region and believe their unique handwriting, glamorous fashion outlook and continuous celebrity endorsement will be a success within our markets," said Landmark Group vice chairperson Renuka Jagtiani.
In the second of a two-part series, Euromonitor International analyst Bettina Kurnik identifies the appeal of offshore e-tailers over their Australian counterparts, and reviews the way forward for loc...
Leading global brands and retailers including H&M, Levi Strauss, Carrefour and Tesco have backed a three-year programme to clean up production in the Bangladeshi garment industry....
Clothing retailer SuperGroup has today (20 March) appointed Susanne Given to the newly created role as chief operating officer and Shaun Wills as chief financial officer....
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024