MIDDLE EAST: Lipsy inks franchise deal with Landmark Group
Lipsy has signed an franchise agreement with the Landmark Group to open its first stores in the Middle East.
Landmark International said the multi-territory agreement will see it launch the UK fashion brand in the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and Lebanon. The first Lipsy store will open in early 2012, with further shops set to open over the next five years.
Landmark Group also operates franchises for chains including New Look, Reiss, and Koton in the Middle East.
"We have ambitious growth plans to develop Lipsy within the region and believe their unique handwriting, glamorous fashion outlook and continuous celebrity endorsement will be a success within our markets," said Landmark Group vice chairperson Renuka Jagtiani.
In the second of a two-part series, Euromonitor International analyst Bettina Kurnik identifies the appeal of offshore e-tailers over their Australian counterparts, and reviews the way forward for loc...
Leading global brands and retailers including H&M, Levi Strauss, Carrefour and Tesco have backed a three-year programme to clean up production in the Bangladeshi garment industry....
Clothing retailer SuperGroup has today (20 March) appointed Susanne Given to the newly created role as chief operating officer and Shaun Wills as chief financial officer....
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- C&A selects PLM to boost product development
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards