UK: Littlewoods Jobs "Safe" After £750m Takeover
Up to 25,000 workers at retail giant Littlewoods have been told their jobs are safe after directors accepted a £750 million takeover offer by media entrepreneurs and Ritz Hotel owners the Barclay brothers. The Liverpool-based group, which was founded 79 years ago as a football pools firm, is being bought by Sir David Barclay and Sir Frederick Barclay who have given assurances they will not lay-off any staff.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again