USA: Liz Claiborne Announces Launch of Niki Taylor(TM) Collection in Target Stores
Liz Claiborne Inc. (NYSE: LIZ) announced today the Company would design and produce a new Niki Taylor(TM) line of apparel to be sold exclusively at Target Stores.Niki Taylor is a new lifestyle brand created by Liz Claiborne to expressly address the multi-faceted fashion needs of the Target guest. The line builds upon the notoriety of one of America's most recognized and admired models, and will consist of casual, related outfits in easy-care fabrics for optimum versatility. Labels and hangtags on the clothing and in-store fixturing will prominently feature the connection between the Niki Taylor line and Liz Claiborne Inc. Niki Taylor will launch in 150 Target Stores in Holiday 2000, with plans to be in all Target Stores by Fall 2001.Commenting on the announcement, Paul R. Charron, chairman and chief executive officer of Liz Claiborne Inc., said: "Our vision is to be wherever our consumer shops. The combination of Liz Claiborne's design and sourcing capabilities and Target's strength in marketing and in-store merchandising will enable us to reach a new consumer with fashion right product at a great value. We at Liz Claiborne are looking forward to joining forces with Niki and Target to create a powerhouse lifestyle brand.""The classic designs of Liz Claiborne Inc. are timeless favorites among our guests," said Luis Padilla, senior vice president of Merchandising for Target Stores. "With the introduction of the Niki Taylor line at Target Stores, we are continuing to provide our guests with well-designed, affordable fashion."Niki Taylor said: "My line will fill a void for many young working mothers -- women who want to look good, feel comfortable and need versatile clothing that can go from day to night. I am thrilled to be working with partners like Liz Claiborne and Target that can offer great fashion at a great value."Minneapolis-based Target Stores, an upscale discount retailer, serves guests at 921 stores in 45 states nationwide and at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016