USA: Liz Claiborne Buys Monet
Liz Claiborne Inc (NYSE: LIZ) today announced that it completed the purchase of the majority of the assets of the Monet Group.Monet is a leading designer and marketer of branded fashion jewelry sold through department stores, popular-priced merchandisers and internationally under the Monet, Monet Pearl, Monet Signature, Monet2, Trifari and Marvella brands. It is expected to generate annual sales of approximately $75m in 2000.Liz Claiborne Inc designs and markets an extensive range of women's and men's fashion apparel and accessories. Brands include Claiborne, Curve, Liz Claiborne, Sigrid Olsen and Villager. In addition, Liz Claiborne Inc holds the exclusive, long-term license to produce and sell men's and women's collections of DKNY® Jeans and DKNY® Active, as well as CITY DKNY® better women's sportswear in the Western hemisphere. The company also has the exclusive license to produce women's wear under the Kenneth Cole New York, Unlisted.com and Reaction Kenneth Cole brand names.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar