USA: Liz Claiborne Buys Monet
Liz Claiborne Inc (NYSE: LIZ) today announced that it completed the purchase of the majority of the assets of the Monet Group.Monet is a leading designer and marketer of branded fashion jewelry sold through department stores, popular-priced merchandisers and internationally under the Monet, Monet Pearl, Monet Signature, Monet2, Trifari and Marvella brands. It is expected to generate annual sales of approximately $75m in 2000.Liz Claiborne Inc designs and markets an extensive range of women's and men's fashion apparel and accessories. Brands include Claiborne, Curve, Liz Claiborne, Sigrid Olsen and Villager. In addition, Liz Claiborne Inc holds the exclusive, long-term license to produce and sell men's and women's collections of DKNY® Jeans and DKNY® Active, as well as CITY DKNY® better women's sportswear in the Western hemisphere. The company also has the exclusive license to produce women's wear under the Kenneth Cole New York, Unlisted.com and Reaction Kenneth Cole brand names.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth