USA: Liz Claiborne Inc Appoints New Board Member
Liz Claiborne Inc (NYSE: LIZ), designers of women's and men's fashion apparel and accessories, has announced the election of Arthur C Martinez to the company's Board of Directors.
Mr Martinez' election brings the number of directors to eleven. His initial term as director will expire at the 2003 annual meeting of stockholders.
Commenting on the election, Paul R Charron, chairman and chief executive officer of Liz Claiborne Inc, said: "Arthur's experience encompasses a wide spectrum of price-points, attitudes and distribution channels. His extensive background in marketing and retailing will be a tremendous asset as we continue to pursue our multi-brand, multi-channel portfolio strategy."
Mr Martinez, 61, recently retired as chairman and chief executive officer of Sears, Roebuck and Company, a position he held since 1995.
Previously, he served as chief executive officer of the Sears Merchandise Group.
Prior to his tenure at Sears, Mr. Martinez served in a number of increasingly responsible positions at Saks Fifth Avenue, the specialty retailer, and Batus Inc, culminating in his assumption of vice chairman duties.
He earlier served in senior management positions at RCA Corporation, Talley Industries and International Paper Company.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Department store group Saks Inc has fired its chief accounting officer along with other top executives following an internal probe into illicit vendor payments. The investigation discovered that a tot...
Fashion apparel and accessories company Liz Claiborne Inc has made a number of senior leadership appointments and organisational changes in line with its growth strategies....
Department store operator Belk Inc is nearing a deal to acquire Saks Inc's Proffitt's and McRae's chains for $600-$650 million, according to sources quoted by The Wall Street Journal....
Clothing and apparel company Liz Claiborne said first-quarter earnings grew 4 per cent after the company made better-than-predicted sales on its diversification strategy....
Sears Holdings Corp and Latina Media Ventures, which publishes Latina magazine, have signed a deal to launch an apparel, footwear and bag collection aimed at Hispanic women....
Chief executive of US department store operator JC Penney, Myron Ullman, says the company is to turn its focus to mid-income shoppers who are forming an available market niche due to mergers among its...
US department store giant Saks Inc is pressing ahead with its strategy to split up its business, with a planned sale of its mid-price department stores in two geographic groups, according to sources q...
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective