USA: Liz Claiborne Launches Elisabeth.com For The Plus-Size Shopper
Liz Claiborne Inc (NYSE: LIZ) today announced the launch of Elisabeth.com, a full-price e-commerce website designed to serve the needs of the plus-size consumer. Elisabeth.com was created through a strategic relationship with Chelsea Interactive, Inc, a subsidiary of Chelsea GCA Realty, Inc. Elisabeth.com will launch in the fourth quarter of 2000.Paul R. Charron, chairman and chief executive officer of Liz Claiborne Inc, said: "Elisabeth.com is a key element in our ongoing effort to learn as much as we can about the Internet as a shopping medium for better apparel. Our vision is to be where our consumers shop. "Compared with the Liz Claiborne consumer, the plus-size woman is underserved. Research tells us that the Internet is a viable channel through which to reach her. With the launch of this Web site, this important consumer can shop for Elisabeth merchandise in department stores, in specialty stores or from home. By participating in e-commerce, we believe we will expand the market for Elisabeth and supplement our current brand-building activities."The Elisabeth site will reflect the brand's aesthetic and will be accessed directly through
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020