USA: Liz Claiborne Launches Elisabeth.com For The Plus-Size Shopper
Liz Claiborne Inc (NYSE: LIZ) today announced the launch of Elisabeth.com, a full-price e-commerce website designed to serve the needs of the plus-size consumer. Elisabeth.com was created through a strategic relationship with Chelsea Interactive, Inc, a subsidiary of Chelsea GCA Realty, Inc. Elisabeth.com will launch in the fourth quarter of 2000.Paul R. Charron, chairman and chief executive officer of Liz Claiborne Inc, said: "Elisabeth.com is a key element in our ongoing effort to learn as much as we can about the Internet as a shopping medium for better apparel. Our vision is to be where our consumers shop. "Compared with the Liz Claiborne consumer, the plus-size woman is underserved. Research tells us that the Internet is a viable channel through which to reach her. With the launch of this Web site, this important consumer can shop for Elisabeth merchandise in department stores, in specialty stores or from home. By participating in e-commerce, we believe we will expand the market for Elisabeth and supplement our current brand-building activities."The Elisabeth site will reflect the brand's aesthetic and will be accessed directly through
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022