USA: Liz Claiborne Launches Elisabeth.com For The Plus-Size Shopper
Liz Claiborne Inc (NYSE: LIZ) today announced the launch of Elisabeth.com, a full-price e-commerce website designed to serve the needs of the plus-size consumer. Elisabeth.com was created through a strategic relationship with Chelsea Interactive, Inc, a subsidiary of Chelsea GCA Realty, Inc. Elisabeth.com will launch in the fourth quarter of 2000.Paul R. Charron, chairman and chief executive officer of Liz Claiborne Inc, said: "Elisabeth.com is a key element in our ongoing effort to learn as much as we can about the Internet as a shopping medium for better apparel. Our vision is to be where our consumers shop. "Compared with the Liz Claiborne consumer, the plus-size woman is underserved. Research tells us that the Internet is a viable channel through which to reach her. With the launch of this Web site, this important consumer can shop for Elisabeth merchandise in department stores, in specialty stores or from home. By participating in e-commerce, we believe we will expand the market for Elisabeth and supplement our current brand-building activities."The Elisabeth site will reflect the brand's aesthetic and will be accessed directly through
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report