US: Liz Claiborne names Hilfiger exec as new CFO, COO
The New York based firm, which changes its name to Fifth & Pacific Companies in May, has been shedding brands, including its namesake Liz Claiborne line, in a bid to pay down debt and enhance profitability.
It says Carrara's experience in tackling "systems and operating costs" will be key in his new post as executive vice president, chief financial officer and chief operating officer.
"His industry experience, coupled with his value system and his reputation for delivering results make him an excellent fit for our company," says CEO William McComb.
Carrara, who was most recently chief operating officer at Tommy Hilfiger North America, adds: "I have been following the company's progress, and I am thrilled at the opportunity to help guide Liz Claiborne Inc into the growth phase of its transformation."
The firm, which is now focusing on its Juicy Couture, Kate Space and Lucky Brand units, has also promoted Robert Vill to senior vice president, finance and treasurer.
Carrara replaces Andrew Warren, who is leaving this month to March take up the position of CFO at cable television channel operator Discovery Communications.
Liz Claiborne most recently booked a fourth-quarter profit of US$229.2m thanks to the sale of its namesake brand to retailer JC Penney. Without this gain it would have posted a loss for the three months to 31 December as sales fell 2.6% to $447.1m.
Ken Hannah, chief financial officer of JC Penney, has reiterated that the US department store remains committed to its ongoing transformation, including the implementation of its in-store shops....
Apparel group PVH Corp raised its full-year guidance on the back of better-than-expected second quarter profit growth, led by the company's Tommy Hilfiger brand....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
G-III Apparel Group has acquired men's luxury swimwear and resort-wear brand Vilebrequin from Fashion Fund One. ...
Fifth & Pacific has managed to narrow its losses from continuing operations during the second half, helped by strong sales growth at the Kate Spade brand....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide