US: Liz Claiborne names Hilfiger exec as new CFO, COO
The New York based firm, which changes its name to Fifth & Pacific Companies in May, has been shedding brands, including its namesake Liz Claiborne line, in a bid to pay down debt and enhance profitability.
It says Carrara's experience in tackling "systems and operating costs" will be key in his new post as executive vice president, chief financial officer and chief operating officer.
"His industry experience, coupled with his value system and his reputation for delivering results make him an excellent fit for our company," says CEO William McComb.
Carrara, who was most recently chief operating officer at Tommy Hilfiger North America, adds: "I have been following the company's progress, and I am thrilled at the opportunity to help guide Liz Claiborne Inc into the growth phase of its transformation."
The firm, which is now focusing on its Juicy Couture, Kate Space and Lucky Brand units, has also promoted Robert Vill to senior vice president, finance and treasurer.
Carrara replaces Andrew Warren, who is leaving this month to March take up the position of CFO at cable television channel operator Discovery Communications.
Liz Claiborne most recently booked a fourth-quarter profit of US$229.2m thanks to the sale of its namesake brand to retailer JC Penney. Without this gain it would have posted a loss for the three months to 31 December as sales fell 2.6% to $447.1m.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Ken Hannah, chief financial officer of JC Penney, has reiterated that the US department store remains committed to its ongoing transformation, including the implementation of its in-store shops....
Apparel group PVH Corp raised its full-year guidance on the back of better-than-expected second quarter profit growth, led by the company's Tommy Hilfiger brand....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
G-III Apparel Group has acquired men's luxury swimwear and resort-wear brand Vilebrequin from Fashion Fund One. ...
Fifth & Pacific has managed to narrow its losses from continuing operations during the second half, helped by strong sales growth at the Kate Spade brand....
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar