US: Liz Claiborne names Hilfiger exec as new CFO, COO
The New York based firm, which changes its name to Fifth & Pacific Companies in May, has been shedding brands, including its namesake Liz Claiborne line, in a bid to pay down debt and enhance profitability.
It says Carrara's experience in tackling "systems and operating costs" will be key in his new post as executive vice president, chief financial officer and chief operating officer.
"His industry experience, coupled with his value system and his reputation for delivering results make him an excellent fit for our company," says CEO William McComb.
Carrara, who was most recently chief operating officer at Tommy Hilfiger North America, adds: "I have been following the company's progress, and I am thrilled at the opportunity to help guide Liz Claiborne Inc into the growth phase of its transformation."
The firm, which is now focusing on its Juicy Couture, Kate Space and Lucky Brand units, has also promoted Robert Vill to senior vice president, finance and treasurer.
Carrara replaces Andrew Warren, who is leaving this month to March take up the position of CFO at cable television channel operator Discovery Communications.
Liz Claiborne most recently booked a fourth-quarter profit of US$229.2m thanks to the sale of its namesake brand to retailer JC Penney. Without this gain it would have posted a loss for the three months to 31 December as sales fell 2.6% to $447.1m.
Ken Hannah, chief financial officer of JC Penney, has reiterated that the US department store remains committed to its ongoing transformation, including the implementation of its in-store shops....
Apparel group PVH Corp raised its full-year guidance on the back of better-than-expected second quarter profit growth, led by the company's Tommy Hilfiger brand....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
G-III Apparel Group has acquired men's luxury swimwear and resort-wear brand Vilebrequin from Fashion Fund One. ...
Fifth & Pacific has managed to narrow its losses from continuing operations during the second half, helped by strong sales growth at the Kate Spade brand....
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- H&M to work with ILO on sustainable supply chains
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Clothing Manufacturers (Global) - Industry Report