US: Liz Claiborne names Leavitt as COO of Kate Spade
Clothing company Liz Claiborne Inc has hired Craig Leavitt, the former president of global retail at Link Theory Holdings, as co-president and chief operating officer of its Kate Spade unit.
Joining the company in mid-April, Mr Leavitt will partner with co-president and creative director Deborah Lloyd on the management and overall leadership of the Kate Spade brand.
Both Mr Leavitt and Ms Lloyd will report to William L McComb, chief executive officer of Liz Claiborne Inc.
At Link Theory Holdings, Mr Leavitt had total responsibility for merchandising, operations, planning and allocation and real estate for the Theory and Helmut Lang retail businesses.
Prior to that, he spent several years at Diesel where he was most recently executive vice president of sales and retail.
Kate Spade is among a portfolio of premium labels - including Juicy Couture, Lucky Brand and Mexx - that Liz Claiborne is building into global retail-based lifestyle brands.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Trend agency PeclersParis has named Jeanine Milillo as managing director of its North American unit....
Clothing company Liz Claiborne has narrowed its fiscal 2008 earnings guidance after slipping to a second quarter loss of US$23m....
Amiee Lynn Accessories, a supplier of belts, handbags, jewellery and hats, has bought women's leg wear and underwear provider JBT Group/Design Studio International....
Theresa Fortier has been appointed to the newly created position of director of product development strategy at software developer Yunique Solutions....
Clothing retailer Liz Claiborne has announced that Evon L Jones will join the company as senior vice president, chief information officer, from 14 July....
Textile manufacturer Chutex Group, which supplies goods for many of the world's top apparel brands, yesterday (3 July) faced a pay strike by 6,000 workers at a Vietnamese plant....
NexCen Brands Inc is reported to be nearing the sale of its Bill Blass apparel line and Waverly home furnishings unit as it seeks to streamline operations and boost liquidity....
Women's wear maker Kellwood Inc has promoted industry veteran Neva Turi to the position of chief customer officer of its Lifestyle Alliance unit....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar