USA: Liz Claiborne Names Michael Scarpa Chief Financial Officer
Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Zannino said, "This promotion is an acknowledgement of Mike's significant contribution to the achievement of our objectives over his 16 year career at Liz Claiborne. His work ethic, business acumen and focus on our key business drivers are essential to maximizing our profitability. These skills, plus his experience, make Mike an invaluable steward over the pursuit of our financial goals."
Prior to the appointment, Mr. Scarpa was vice president, financial planning and operations. He has held positions of increasing responsibility since joining Liz Claiborne as budget manager in 1983. Mr. Scarpa, who earned his Certified Public Accountant certificate in 1982, began his career as a financial analyst at jewelry manufacturer Krementz & Co.
Liz Claiborne Inc. designs and markets an extensive range of women's and men's fashion apparel and accessories appropriate to wearing occasions ranging from casual to dressy. The Company also markets fragrances for women and men. Liz Claiborne Inc.'s brands include Claiborne, Crazy Horse, Curve, Dana Buchman, Elisabeth, Emma James, First Issue, Laundry by Shelli Segal, Liz Claiborne, Lucky Brand, Niki Taylor, Russ, Sigrid Olsen and Villager. In addition, Liz Claiborne Inc. holds the exclusive, long-term license to produce and sell men's and women's collections of DKNY® Jeans and DKNY® Active, as well as CITY DKNY® better women's sportswear in the Western Hemisphere. The Company also has the exclusive license to produce women's wear under the Kenneth Cole New York, Unlisted.com and Reaction Kenneth Cole brand names.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Guatemala's proximity to the United States is being hailed as a key to the survival of the region's apparel industry. But its ability to deliver on the speed-to-market promise depends on more than loc...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Upmarket fashion label Burberry Group has named a new chief executive to replace Rose Marie Bravo, who is to quit the role next July....
Liz Claiborne Inc is to install the Oracle Retail Price Optimization solution in over 200 of its outlet stores in the United States....
Liz Claiborne Inc on Monday named former CNBC chairman Pamela Thomas-Graham as group president responsible for department store better and moderate apparel brands....
Women's apparel giant Liz Claiborne Inc has reported "very strong second-quarter results", after growth across a number of its brands....
Fashion apparel company Liz Claiborne Inc has completed the first phase of its implementation of PurchasingNet Inc's PNet Procure-to-Pay software....
Colombia clothing chain Ensenada has opened two stores under the US giant Liz Claiborne's banner in the Colombian capital Bogota, and industrial centre Medellin. ...
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack