USA: Liz Claiborne Renames Niki Taylor Line
Liz Claiborne Inc is to rename its Niki Taylor branded apparel line as Meg Allen, for its Autumn 2001 collection.
The company announced today that the decision to rename the line had been agreed upon by Liz Claiborne, exclusive suppliers Target Stores and Niki Taylor. The renaming will not change deliveries or revisions of projected sales.
Commenting on the announcement, Ms Taylor said: "I've enjoyed my association with Liz Claiborne for many years, but feel it is important that I have the flexibility to broaden my professional activities. Unfortunately, the marketing of a major apparel brand requires more day-to-day involvement than I initially realised. In discussions with people at Liz Claiborne, we agreed that it would be best to end our relationship prior to the all-store roll out."
Paul R. Charron, chairman, chief executive officer of Liz Claiborne Inc, said: "Although we are sorry to lose the association with Niki Taylor, preliminary results and research indicate that we nevertheless have the right ingredients for success in place.
"The line's femininity, versatility and easy styling are resonating with Target guests, and we will build on this positioning with Meg Allen. Our partnership with Target is central to our commitment to reach consumers wherever they choose to shop and whatever their style and value preferences."
Companies: Kate Spade & Co
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Guatemala's proximity to the United States is being hailed as a key to the survival of the region's apparel industry. But its ability to deliver on the speed-to-market promise depends on more than loc...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Fashion group Liz Claiborne has reported a rise in third-quarter profit, boosted by popular brands such as Mexx and Juicy Couture....
Apparel group Liz Claiborne Inc has selected Product Development Company's PTC Retail, Footwear and Apparel Solution for enterprise product-lifecycle management. ...
Upmarket fashion label Burberry Group has named a new chief executive to replace Rose Marie Bravo, who is to quit the role next July....
Liz Claiborne Inc is to install the Oracle Retail Price Optimization solution in over 200 of its outlet stores in the United States....
Liz Claiborne Inc on Monday named former CNBC chairman Pamela Thomas-Graham as group president responsible for department store better and moderate apparel brands....
Women's apparel giant Liz Claiborne Inc has reported "very strong second-quarter results", after growth across a number of its brands....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar