UK: Liz Evans appointed MD of Oasis
The switch will be made in October
UK retail group Aurora Fashions has appointed its current Coast managing director Liz Evans to the same role at its Oasis chain.
Meanwhile, Margaret McDonald will replace Evans as managing director of Coast from October 2010.
Evans joined Coast as retail director in February 2006 from Marks and Spencer. In November 2007 she was promoted to the position of managing director of Coast. Under her leadership, Aurora said that Coast has opened 90 stores, including opening in 7 new international markets.
McDonald joins Aurora directly from her position as CEO of LK Bennett since 2008. She started her career at Primark before working in the US for five years, gaining global experience with Banana Republic, Gap and Limited Inc.
Mike Shearwood, CEO of Aurora Fashions, said: "I am delighted to announce these appointments which are a key part in positioning both Oasis and Coast for continued growth and future success."
Aurora operates the Coast, Karen Millen, Oasis and Warehouse brands.
January sales at clothing retailer Gap were up 6% on last year, prompting the company to raise its full-year guidance for fiscal 2010....
Clothing retailer Gap Inc is shaking up the management at its core Gap brand in a bid to halt sliding domestic sales and position the unit for sustainable global growth - with outlet executive Art Pec...
Gap North America president Marka Hansen is leaving her post this Friday (4 February) after 24 years with the apparel retailer. ...
Marks and Spencer plans to open a new store on the Champs-Elysees in Paris, according to reports....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
UK clothing retail giant Marks and Spencer has confirmed to just-style a series of changes to its general merchandise team as part of CEO Marc Bolland's strategy. ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020