USA: L.L. Bean Opens Flagship Store
L.L. Bean, the apparel retailer, opened its first store outside of Maine last week. The 75,000sq ft flagship store is located at the Tysons Corner Mall in Virginia.The full-line retail store is part of the company's plan to open 10 to 12 stores on the East Coast by 2005, Chain Store Age reported. Other locations are likely to include New Jersey and New York.The Tysons Corner full-line retail shop is home to a children's rock-climbing wall and a camping test equipment area. L.L. Bean was founded in 1912 and operates stores in Freeport, Maine and Tysons Corner Center in McLean, Virginia;factory outlet stores on the East and West coasts; a website; and a catalogue business. It also has more than 20 retail stores in Japan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020