USA: L.L. Bean Opens Flagship Store
L.L. Bean, the apparel retailer, opened its first store outside of Maine last week. The 75,000sq ft flagship store is located at the Tysons Corner Mall in Virginia.The full-line retail store is part of the company's plan to open 10 to 12 stores on the East Coast by 2005, Chain Store Age reported. Other locations are likely to include New Jersey and New York.The Tysons Corner full-line retail shop is home to a children's rock-climbing wall and a camping test equipment area. L.L. Bean was founded in 1912 and operates stores in Freeport, Maine and Tysons Corner Center in McLean, Virginia;factory outlet stores on the East and West coasts; a website; and a catalogue business. It also has more than 20 retail stores in Japan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022