USA: L.L. Bean Opens Flagship Store
L.L. Bean, the apparel retailer, opened its first store outside of Maine last week. The 75,000sq ft flagship store is located at the Tysons Corner Mall in Virginia.The full-line retail store is part of the company's plan to open 10 to 12 stores on the East Coast by 2005, Chain Store Age reported. Other locations are likely to include New Jersey and New York.The Tysons Corner full-line retail shop is home to a children's rock-climbing wall and a camping test equipment area. L.L. Bean was founded in 1912 and operates stores in Freeport, Maine and Tysons Corner Center in McLean, Virginia;factory outlet stores on the East and West coasts; a website; and a catalogue business. It also has more than 20 retail stores in Japan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022