USA: L.L. Bean Opens Flagship Store
L.L. Bean, the apparel retailer, opened its first store outside of Maine last week. The 75,000sq ft flagship store is located at the Tysons Corner Mall in Virginia.The full-line retail store is part of the company's plan to open 10 to 12 stores on the East Coast by 2005, Chain Store Age reported. Other locations are likely to include New Jersey and New York.The Tysons Corner full-line retail shop is home to a children's rock-climbing wall and a camping test equipment area. L.L. Bean was founded in 1912 and operates stores in Freeport, Maine and Tysons Corner Center in McLean, Virginia;factory outlet stores on the East and West coasts; a website; and a catalogue business. It also has more than 20 retail stores in Japan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report