SPAIN: Loewe Names Ona Selfa Women's Wear Designer
Loewe, founded in Madrid in 1846, is now part of the LVMH Group. It is present in the most prominent luxury markets in the world with more than 100 owned and operated boutiques and is currently a leader in luxury leather, fashion products and prestige fragrances.
Chairman of the LVMH Group, Mr Bernard Arnault, stated: "We are always looking for the best new young talents and Jose Enrique is certainly one of them, but most importantly his vision is pure Loewe."
Of Spanish origin, Jose Enrique Ona Selfa was born in Belgium in 1975. He studied Design at the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Arts Visuels de la Chambre in Brussels where he received the highest distinction and recognition of the jury.
After working closely with designers like Olivier Theyskens, Ona Selfa launched his own company in February 2000, 'JE Ona Selfa,' where he took charge of the artistic direction as well as designing. His collections are distributed in leading stores such as Maria Luisa in Paris, Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus, among others.
Of his new appointment, Ona Selfa said: "I feel very honoured to join the Loewe team. It is an opportunity which will allow me to pay tribute to a luxury house with a long and an important history and tradition. I hope to be able to fulfill my responsibilities and be worthy of the extraordinary level which Loewe represents in my eyes: a brand embodying the epitome of quality, luxury and perfection."
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective