UK: London's Young Design Talent Awarded At Gala Dinner
Wool textile marketing organisation The Woolmark Company, and Italian design house Mila Schön have announced the winner of this year's jointly sponsored project held in conjunction with the Royal College of Art. The overall Mila Schön/Woolmark project winner is Luc Goidadin, a 25 year old Royal College of Art women's wear graduate originally from Geneva, who captured the attention of the judges with his innovative and creative approach. Also commended was women's wear designer Tine Otto of Denmark. For the past 14 years The Woolmark Company has worked with the RCA to award MA Fashion Graduates, and this year teamed up as a joint sponsor with Mila Schön, the design house famed for its use of luxurious and high quality natural fibers. The students were briefed to design an 'all-white' collection using the finest natural fibers and innovative fabrics. This year was also the first time that both men's wear and women's wear MA graduates were eligible.In September, Luc and Tine will commence their six-month placements with Mila Schön in Milan, which will give them a unique opportunity to experience the cut and thrust of a leading Italian design house. They will be joining two previous Royal College of Art students who are currently part of the young and dynamic team designing at Mila Schön. In addition to this, Woolmark has awarded Luc and Tine cash prizes, flights, accommodation and living expenses for their time in Milan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts