UK: London's Young Design Talent Awarded At Gala Dinner
Wool textile marketing organisation The Woolmark Company, and Italian design house Mila Schön have announced the winner of this year's jointly sponsored project held in conjunction with the Royal College of Art. The overall Mila Schön/Woolmark project winner is Luc Goidadin, a 25 year old Royal College of Art women's wear graduate originally from Geneva, who captured the attention of the judges with his innovative and creative approach. Also commended was women's wear designer Tine Otto of Denmark. For the past 14 years The Woolmark Company has worked with the RCA to award MA Fashion Graduates, and this year teamed up as a joint sponsor with Mila Schön, the design house famed for its use of luxurious and high quality natural fibers. The students were briefed to design an 'all-white' collection using the finest natural fibers and innovative fabrics. This year was also the first time that both men's wear and women's wear MA graduates were eligible.In September, Luc and Tine will commence their six-month placements with Mila Schön in Milan, which will give them a unique opportunity to experience the cut and thrust of a leading Italian design house. They will be joining two previous Royal College of Art students who are currently part of the young and dynamic team designing at Mila Schön. In addition to this, Woolmark has awarded Luc and Tine cash prizes, flights, accommodation and living expenses for their time in Milan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020