FRANCE: Longchamp selects PLM and sourcing tools
French leather and luxury goods company Longchamp is to use Centric Software's product lifecycle management (PLM) system to improve collaboration and productivity throughout its product development process.
The Paris-based company has selected the Product Specification, Sourcing and Calendar Management modules from the Centric 8 system.
"With Centric 8, our teams can share key product and design information more rapidly, easily and accurately than ever," explains Sophie Delafontaine, artistic director at Longchamp.
Improved data visibility will enable step-by-step tracking and follow-up on designs, components and samples - all of which "are absolutely critical" to product quality.
"With multiple seasons each year, and several operating groups simultaneously working on product development in tight timeframes, we needed a solution that centralises all design information," Delafontaine notes.
The web-based PLM system will integrate to Longchamp's ERP system.
The family-owned firm makes luggage, handbags, accessories and ready-to-wear sold in more than 130 exclusive boutiques and some 2,000 multi-brand stores worldwide.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is news editor Joe Ayling's snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
Atlas Design Group AB, a Swedish manufacturer and distributor of accessories, underwear, nightwear and shirts, is to implement Lawson Fashion PLM (product lifecycle management) and QuickStep for Fashi...
The latest release of NGC's (New Generation Computing) integrated PLM, global sourcing and ERP software includes new productivity tools for apparel brands and retailers....
Consultant Walter Wilhelm Associates (WWA) has joined forces with Setlog to offer the company's Online Supply Chain Accelerator (OSCA) system solution to markets in North and Latin America....
Apparel maker Western Glove Works has completed the first stage of its implementation of the Centric 8 product lifecycle management (PLM) system, with a 12-week installation meaning it can put the too...
New York-based fashion brand Alexander Wang Inc has implemented a web-based PLM/ERP solution across its product development, manufacturing, distribution, and financial management teams to support its ...
Centric Software has introduced a Fashion iPad app in Paris this month, called the Centric 8 Collection Book for Fashion....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022