CHINA: Louis Vuitton to bag the last laugh over fakers?
Louis Vuitton appears to have come up with a fool-proof way of ensuring pirates do not rip off its bags by mimicking designs that any self-respecting Chinese fashion enthusiast wouldn't be seen dead with.
The brand's latest fashion show revealed Louis Vuitton bags that closely resemble the plaid red-blue-white bags regularly seen with poor farmers at Shanghai Railway Station.
"In one stroke, LV have devised the ultimate anti-piracy campaign in China", reads one reply to the blog that first spotted the match at: http://msittig.blogspot.com
By Michael Fitzpatrick.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"