GLOBAL: Louis Vuitton tops fashion brand rankings
Louis Vuitton continues to lead a pack of ten fashion names named in the latest rundown of the top 100 global brands drawn up by Interbrand.
The LVMH-owned label maintained its 16th place in the 11th annual rankings of the Best Global Brands, increasing its value by 4% to US$21.9bn.
Other fashion and apparel brands in the top 100 include Adidas, Hermès, Gap, Armani and Burberry .
All recorded value increases except Burberry, which dropped two spots to 100 with a value of $3.1bn, flat on last year.
Coca-Cola continued to lead the overall listings – the tenth year in a row that the brand has topped the list.
“2010 was the beginning of a long road back towards economic recovery,” said Jez Frampton, group chief executive at Interbrand.
“From real-time customer feedback through social media to increased transparency about corporate citizenship, brands were faced with a profound change in the way they relate to customers and demonstrate their relevance and value.
“Despite this new paradigm of brand management, the advantages of building a solid brand remain the same.”
Although more than two years have passed since the global economic crisis began, consumer spending on fashion remains tentative and selective. In 2011, retailers will be jostling for custom while high...
UK retailer Marks and Spencer Group has today (24 February) hired Inditex executive Jan Heere as its new director of international, in line with its global expansion plans....
Spanish fashion retailer Inditex has today (24 February) named Lucien Dorobantu as head of its Russian operations....
Spanish textile giant Inditex Group has confirmed it will expand its logistics facility in Tordera-Palafolls, Barcelona, through a EUR190m (US$259m) investment. ...
Full-year sales at luxury goods group LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton have broken through the EUR20bn (US$27bn) mark for the first time, thanks to soaring sales at its Louis Vuitton fashion and leath...
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis