US: Lululemon Athletica sues Calvin Klein over trouser designs
The allegations centre on Calvin Klein trousers sold under the Performance brand, which Lululemon believes were manufactured and supplied by G-III apparel. It said the yoga pants were similar to its own patented Astro Pant style.
It is seeking a permanent injunction to prevent Calvin Klein from selling the trousers, as well as damages and costs.
In June, Lululemon recorded a 40.2% surge in first-quarter net profits to US$47m, but suggested same-store sales growth is set to slow. For the first-quarter, the company recorded 25% comparable store sales growth, but is forecasting full-year comparable store sales will increase in the low double-digit range.
Has the Bangladesh Fire and Building Safety Agreement (BFBSA) campaign struggled to make a mark? In his most recent Flanarant column, which was published on just-style on Friday (1 February), Mike Fla...
Apparel company PVH Corp has outlined further growth opportunities for its Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein apparel businesses following its acquisition of The Warnaco Group last year....
Yoga and workout wear company Lululemon Athletica has unveiled plans to gain market share within the men's wear industry by making a substantial investment in the sector....
LeAnn Nealz, the president and chief creative officer of Fifth & Pacific's struggling Juicy Couture brand, is to leave the company....
PVH has completed its US$2.9bn acquisition of Warnaco, as well as closing new senior secured credit facilities to fund the transaction. ...
US apparel and footwear business The Jones Group has appointed former Coach executive Joseph Stafiniak to the newly-created position of senior vice president of merchandising for its Nine West brand....
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years