US: Lululemon Athletica sues Calvin Klein over trouser designs
The allegations centre on Calvin Klein trousers sold under the Performance brand, which Lululemon believes were manufactured and supplied by G-III apparel. It said the yoga pants were similar to its own patented Astro Pant style.
It is seeking a permanent injunction to prevent Calvin Klein from selling the trousers, as well as damages and costs.
In June, Lululemon recorded a 40.2% surge in first-quarter net profits to US$47m, but suggested same-store sales growth is set to slow. For the first-quarter, the company recorded 25% comparable store sales growth, but is forecasting full-year comparable store sales will increase in the low double-digit range.
Has the Bangladesh Fire and Building Safety Agreement (BFBSA) campaign struggled to make a mark? In his most recent Flanarant column, which was published on just-style on Friday (1 February), Mike Fla...
Apparel company PVH Corp has outlined further growth opportunities for its Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein apparel businesses following its acquisition of The Warnaco Group last year....
Yoga and workout wear company Lululemon Athletica has unveiled plans to gain market share within the men's wear industry by making a substantial investment in the sector....
LeAnn Nealz, the president and chief creative officer of Fifth & Pacific's struggling Juicy Couture brand, is to leave the company....
PVH has completed its US$2.9bn acquisition of Warnaco, as well as closing new senior secured credit facilities to fund the transaction. ...
US apparel and footwear business The Jones Group has appointed former Coach executive Joseph Stafiniak to the newly-created position of senior vice president of merchandising for its Nine West brand....
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Adidas launches "lightest ever" football boot
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing