CANADA: Lululemon faces fresh quality complaints
Canadian sportswear brand Lululemon Athletica is facing fresh complaints about the quality of its products, eight months after it was forced to pull a line of black Luon trousers from its stores after the fabric was found to be see-through.
"Quality is of utmost importance to us and we want to offer our guests Luon product that they love," the company said in a statement sent to just-style today (4 November).
Lululemon said some customers have experienced pilling on their Groove Pants, adding that when the company receives such feedback, it evaluates the data to determine its next steps.
"The information we have tells us that pilling is not a widespread concern and this guest feedback is not indicative of a larger issue," the statement added.
In March, the yoga brand recalled a line of its black Luon products, saying the move could cost the business up to US$20m in sales. It started putting more stringent specifications in place on the production of Luon and said it would be increasing its efforts in this area.
Three months later, the company said it had ramped up product testing and begun re-engineering the line so the trousers would remain opaque.
Lululemon has encouraged customers who are experiencing a quality issue to visit their local store or call the company directly.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? 3D product development and design, digital continuity of information and images, predictive analytics, Systems that ...
Lululemon Athletica, based in Canada, specialises in the design and sale of technical apparel and accessories for athletic pursuits such as yoga, running and general fitness at premium prices. The com...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
Nike Inc and performance apparel firm Under Armour are continuing to gain massive traction in the rapidly growing, high margin activewear segment - but at the expense of Adidas and smaller brands, acc...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead