CANADA: Lululemon faces fresh quality complaints
Canadian sportswear brand Lululemon Athletica is facing fresh complaints about the quality of its products, eight months after it was forced to pull a line of black Luon trousers from its stores after the fabric was found to be see-through.
"Quality is of utmost importance to us and we want to offer our guests Luon product that they love," the company said in a statement sent to just-style today (4 November).
Lululemon said some customers have experienced pilling on their Groove Pants, adding that when the company receives such feedback, it evaluates the data to determine its next steps.
"The information we have tells us that pilling is not a widespread concern and this guest feedback is not indicative of a larger issue," the statement added.
In March, the yoga brand recalled a line of its black Luon products, saying the move could cost the business up to US$20m in sales. It started putting more stringent specifications in place on the production of Luon and said it would be increasing its efforts in this area.
Three months later, the company said it had ramped up product testing and begun re-engineering the line so the trousers would remain opaque.
Lululemon has encouraged customers who are experiencing a quality issue to visit their local store or call the company directly.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? 3D product development and design, digital continuity of information and images, predictive analytics, Systems that ...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Will Brexit trigger rise in UK manufacturing?
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape