CANADA: Lululemon faces fresh quality complaints
Canadian sportswear brand Lululemon Athletica is facing fresh complaints about the quality of its products, eight months after it was forced to pull a line of black Luon trousers from its stores after the fabric was found to be see-through.
"Quality is of utmost importance to us and we want to offer our guests Luon product that they love," the company said in a statement sent to just-style today (4 November).
Lululemon said some customers have experienced pilling on their Groove Pants, adding that when the company receives such feedback, it evaluates the data to determine its next steps.
"The information we have tells us that pilling is not a widespread concern and this guest feedback is not indicative of a larger issue," the statement added.
In March, the yoga brand recalled a line of its black Luon products, saying the move could cost the business up to US$20m in sales. It started putting more stringent specifications in place on the production of Luon and said it would be increasing its efforts in this area.
Three months later, the company said it had ramped up product testing and begun re-engineering the line so the trousers would remain opaque.
Lululemon has encouraged customers who are experiencing a quality issue to visit their local store or call the company directly.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? 3D product development and design, digital continuity of information and images, predictive analytics, Systems that ...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape