CANADA: Lululemon faces fresh quality complaints
Canadian sportswear brand Lululemon Athletica is facing fresh complaints about the quality of its products, eight months after it was forced to pull a line of black Luon trousers from its stores after the fabric was found to be see-through.
"Quality is of utmost importance to us and we want to offer our guests Luon product that they love," the company said in a statement sent to just-style today (4 November).
Lululemon said some customers have experienced pilling on their Groove Pants, adding that when the company receives such feedback, it evaluates the data to determine its next steps.
"The information we have tells us that pilling is not a widespread concern and this guest feedback is not indicative of a larger issue," the statement added.
In March, the yoga brand recalled a line of its black Luon products, saying the move could cost the business up to US$20m in sales. It started putting more stringent specifications in place on the production of Luon and said it would be increasing its efforts in this area.
Three months later, the company said it had ramped up product testing and begun re-engineering the line so the trousers would remain opaque.
Lululemon has encouraged customers who are experiencing a quality issue to visit their local store or call the company directly.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? 3D product development and design, digital continuity of information and images, predictive analytics, Systems that ...
Lululemon Athletica, based in Canada, specialises in the design and sale of technical apparel and accessories for athletic pursuits such as yoga, running and general fitness at premium prices. The com...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam