CANADA: Lululemon faces fresh quality complaints
Canadian sportswear brand Lululemon Athletica is facing fresh complaints about the quality of its products, eight months after it was forced to pull a line of black Luon trousers from its stores after the fabric was found to be see-through.
"Quality is of utmost importance to us and we want to offer our guests Luon product that they love," the company said in a statement sent to just-style today (4 November).
Lululemon said some customers have experienced pilling on their Groove Pants, adding that when the company receives such feedback, it evaluates the data to determine its next steps.
"The information we have tells us that pilling is not a widespread concern and this guest feedback is not indicative of a larger issue," the statement added.
In March, the yoga brand recalled a line of its black Luon products, saying the move could cost the business up to US$20m in sales. It started putting more stringent specifications in place on the production of Luon and said it would be increasing its efforts in this area.
Three months later, the company said it had ramped up product testing and begun re-engineering the line so the trousers would remain opaque.
Lululemon has encouraged customers who are experiencing a quality issue to visit their local store or call the company directly.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? 3D product development and design, digital continuity of information and images, predictive analytics, Systems that ...
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis