CANADA: Lululemon inks exclusive deal on X-Static fibre
Lululemon has inked a strategic partnership with Noble Biomaterials, which will give the sportswear brand exclusive use of Noble's X-Static antimicrobial technology in its performance apparel.
"An alliance with a top athletic brand like Lululemon advances Noble's mission to be the premier provider of bacterial and odour management solutions," said Jeff Keane, CEO of Noble Biomaterials.
"We share a vision with Lululemon to keep both people and products performing at their best, making it a winning partnership for each company."
Noble Biomaterials has provided Lululemon with its X-Static technology for the group's Silverescent fabric since 2005. Made with 99.9% pure metallic silver, X-Static is designed to provide permanent odour protection by naturally inhibiting the growth of bacteria on the surface of fabrics.
The X-Static fibre is woven directly into the garment and will not wash out over time through laundering.
"Lululemon has worked with Noble for nearly a decade to differentiate our products and we welcome the opportunity to solidify this partnership," said Lululemon CEO Christine Day.
"This unique opportunity allows us to continue to innovate our technical product with X-Static, which has helped Lululemon set the industry standard by using the most powerful silver fabric technology to create our Silverescent fabrics, and secure our leadership position in the "anti-stink" athletic apparel market."
Increased costs, quality issues, and weakened demand resulted in job cuts and widened losses for certain retailers in 2013. But overseas expansion, the value of domestic manufacturing, and innovative ...
Capital Group is rumoured to have more than doubled its stake in beleaguered Canadian yoga wear brand Lululemon Athletica, which has been battling falling sales after complaints about the quality of i...
Adidas, Esprit, and Gap Inc are among a coalition of 30 retailers and brands that have signed a new letter calling for an investigation into the recent violence in Cambodia's garment industry....
Instead of our regular look at the most read stories on just-style during the week, we thought a fitting end to the year would be to take a look at the top stories on just-style in 2013. Garment facto...
Lululemon Athletica has blamed macro and execution issues for cutting its full-year sales guidance, despite recording a 15.2% increase in profit during the third quarter....
Lululemon Athletica founder and chairman Chip Wilson has decided to step down as the Canadian sportswear brand named Laurent Potdevin as its new CEO....
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis