US: Lululemon lifts full-year outlook after Q3 profit rise
- Q3 profit up 47% to $57.4m
- Revenue increased 37% to $316.5m
- Company lifts full-year earnings guidance
Yoga and workout wear company Lululemon Athletica has raised its full-year earnings guidance after reporting a 47% jump in third-quarter net profit.
Net income reached US$57.4m for the 13 weeks to 28 October, compared to $38.9m the same period last year.
Revenue increased 37% to $316.5m from $230.2m last year, while comparable store sales rose 18% on a constant dollar basis. Direct to consumer revenue was up 10.4% to $45.1m.
Gross margin edged down to 55.4% from 55.8% last year.
CEO Christine Day said: "Our stellar results were driven by first-rate execution, strong community engagement, beautiful product and continued strength in our ecommerce business."
The company now expects full-year net revenue to range from $1.36bn to $1.37bn, compared to previous guidance of $1.34-1.36bn. Full-year diluted earnings per share are expected to be between $1.81 and $1.83 against earlier estimates of $1.76-1.81.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Since 2009, active wear brand Lululemon Athletica has seen profits soar, regularly increasing its guidance after better than expected performances. But, is the recall of its black Luon pants a sign th...
Lululemon Athletica is still investigating how a line of sheerer than expected black Luon products made it into stores....
Lululemon has said that its chief product officer, Sheree Waterson, will leave the company just weeks after the retailer recalled a key trouser style for being too see-through. ...
Active wear clothing brand Lululemon saw fourth quarter net income grow on rising sales and margins. ...
The most read stories on just-style this week include Sainsbury's revealing its general merchanside and clothing business is growing faster than its food division, Lululemon Athletica warning it may l...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details