US: Lululemon lifts full-year outlook after Q3 profit rise
- Q3 profit up 47% to $57.4m
- Revenue increased 37% to $316.5m
- Company lifts full-year earnings guidance
Yoga and workout wear company Lululemon Athletica has raised its full-year earnings guidance after reporting a 47% jump in third-quarter net profit.
Net income reached US$57.4m for the 13 weeks to 28 October, compared to $38.9m the same period last year.
Revenue increased 37% to $316.5m from $230.2m last year, while comparable store sales rose 18% on a constant dollar basis. Direct to consumer revenue was up 10.4% to $45.1m.
Gross margin edged down to 55.4% from 55.8% last year.
CEO Christine Day said: "Our stellar results were driven by first-rate execution, strong community engagement, beautiful product and continued strength in our ecommerce business."
The company now expects full-year net revenue to range from $1.36bn to $1.37bn, compared to previous guidance of $1.34-1.36bn. Full-year diluted earnings per share are expected to be between $1.81 and $1.83 against earlier estimates of $1.76-1.81.
Since 2009, active wear brand Lululemon Athletica has seen profits soar, regularly increasing its guidance after better than expected performances. But, is the recall of its black Luon pants a sign th...
Lululemon Athletica is still investigating how a line of sheerer than expected black Luon products made it into stores....
Lululemon has said that its chief product officer, Sheree Waterson, will leave the company just weeks after the retailer recalled a key trouser style for being too see-through. ...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020