US: Lululemon lifts full-year outlook after Q3 profit rise
- Q3 profit up 47% to $57.4m
- Revenue increased 37% to $316.5m
- Company lifts full-year earnings guidance
Yoga and workout wear company Lululemon Athletica has raised its full-year earnings guidance after reporting a 47% jump in third-quarter net profit.
Net income reached US$57.4m for the 13 weeks to 28 October, compared to $38.9m the same period last year.
Revenue increased 37% to $316.5m from $230.2m last year, while comparable store sales rose 18% on a constant dollar basis. Direct to consumer revenue was up 10.4% to $45.1m.
Gross margin edged down to 55.4% from 55.8% last year.
CEO Christine Day said: "Our stellar results were driven by first-rate execution, strong community engagement, beautiful product and continued strength in our ecommerce business."
The company now expects full-year net revenue to range from $1.36bn to $1.37bn, compared to previous guidance of $1.34-1.36bn. Full-year diluted earnings per share are expected to be between $1.81 and $1.83 against earlier estimates of $1.76-1.81.
Since 2009, active wear brand Lululemon Athletica has seen profits soar, regularly increasing its guidance after better than expected performances. But, is the recall of its black Luon pants a sign th...
Lululemon Athletica is still investigating how a line of sheerer than expected black Luon products made it into stores....
Lululemon has said that its chief product officer, Sheree Waterson, will leave the company just weeks after the retailer recalled a key trouser style for being too see-through. ...
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- TPP likely to lead to rise in US apparel imports
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- Can supplier ratings reform purchasing practices?
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- US Q1 in brief: Buckle, Destination XL
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses
- Victoria's Secret discontinue swimwear to simplify
- Labour may limit Malaysia TPP apparel shipments