CANADA: Lululemon lowers Q4 earnings, sales guidance
Late last year, Lululemon faced fresh complaints about the quality of its products
Lululemon Athletica has lowered its fourth-quarter earnings and sales guidance on the back of declining traffic and revenue trends.
In a trading update today (13 January), the Canadian sportswear brand said it expects diluted earnings per share in the range of US$0.71 to $0.73 for the quarter ended 2 February. This compares to previous guidance of $0.78 to $0.80.
Sales are expected to be in the range of $513m to $518m based on comparable-store sales in the negative low-to-mid single digits. This is lower than the company's previous forecast of $535m to $540m for the quarter based on flat comparable-store sales.
"We were on track to deliver on our sales and earnings guidance through the month of December; however, since the beginning of January, we have seen traffic and sales trends decelerate meaningfully," said CFO John Currie.
Nonetheless, he added: "As we end 2013, we are starting to see the results of the significant investments we made throughout this past year to strengthen and enhance our back-of-house product operations structure. While we realize that it will require continued investment and time to get to best-in-class status, with our new leadership in place we are very focused on building on this stronger foundation to execute our long-term growth strategies."
Late last year, Lululemon faced fresh complaints about the quality of its products, eight months after the brand was forced to pull a line of black Luon trousers from its stores after the fabric was found to be see-through.
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
Sports apparel is worn during workouts or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are typical sport-specific apparel used while playing...
- The Flanarant: TPP – now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020