CANADA: Lululemon lowers Q4 earnings, sales guidance
Late last year, Lululemon faced fresh complaints about the quality of its products
Lululemon Athletica has lowered its fourth-quarter earnings and sales guidance on the back of declining traffic and revenue trends.
In a trading update today (13 January), the Canadian sportswear brand said it expects diluted earnings per share in the range of US$0.71 to $0.73 for the quarter ended 2 February. This compares to previous guidance of $0.78 to $0.80.
Sales are expected to be in the range of $513m to $518m based on comparable-store sales in the negative low-to-mid single digits. This is lower than the company's previous forecast of $535m to $540m for the quarter based on flat comparable-store sales.
"We were on track to deliver on our sales and earnings guidance through the month of December; however, since the beginning of January, we have seen traffic and sales trends decelerate meaningfully," said CFO John Currie.
Nonetheless, he added: "As we end 2013, we are starting to see the results of the significant investments we made throughout this past year to strengthen and enhance our back-of-house product operations structure. While we realize that it will require continued investment and time to get to best-in-class status, with our new leadership in place we are very focused on building on this stronger foundation to execute our long-term growth strategies."
Late last year, Lululemon faced fresh complaints about the quality of its products, eight months after the brand was forced to pull a line of black Luon trousers from its stores after the fabric was found to be see-through.
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
Lululemon Athletica, based in Canada, specialises in the design and sale of technical apparel and accessories for athletic pursuits such as yoga, running and general fitness at premium prices. The com...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Myanmar garment sector experiencing rapid growth
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- YKK “Eco-Dye” aims to cut zipper water waste
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead