CANADA: Lululemon lowers Q4 earnings, sales guidance
Late last year, Lululemon faced fresh complaints about the quality of its products
Lululemon Athletica has lowered its fourth-quarter earnings and sales guidance on the back of declining traffic and revenue trends.
In a trading update today (13 January), the Canadian sportswear brand said it expects diluted earnings per share in the range of US$0.71 to $0.73 for the quarter ended 2 February. This compares to previous guidance of $0.78 to $0.80.
Sales are expected to be in the range of $513m to $518m based on comparable-store sales in the negative low-to-mid single digits. This is lower than the company's previous forecast of $535m to $540m for the quarter based on flat comparable-store sales.
"We were on track to deliver on our sales and earnings guidance through the month of December; however, since the beginning of January, we have seen traffic and sales trends decelerate meaningfully," said CFO John Currie.
Nonetheless, he added: "As we end 2013, we are starting to see the results of the significant investments we made throughout this past year to strengthen and enhance our back-of-house product operations structure. While we realize that it will require continued investment and time to get to best-in-class status, with our new leadership in place we are very focused on building on this stronger foundation to execute our long-term growth strategies."
Late last year, Lululemon faced fresh complaints about the quality of its products, eight months after the brand was forced to pull a line of black Luon trousers from its stores after the fabric was found to be see-through.
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
Sports apparel is worn during workouts or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are typical sport-specific apparel used while playing...
Compression wear and shapewear garments are skin-tight items of clothing which apply pressure to specific parts of the body....
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras