CANADA: Lululemon lowers Q4 earnings, sales guidance
Late last year, Lululemon faced fresh complaints about the quality of its products
Lululemon Athletica has lowered its fourth-quarter earnings and sales guidance on the back of declining traffic and revenue trends.
In a trading update today (13 January), the Canadian sportswear brand said it expects diluted earnings per share in the range of US$0.71 to $0.73 for the quarter ended 2 February. This compares to previous guidance of $0.78 to $0.80.
Sales are expected to be in the range of $513m to $518m based on comparable-store sales in the negative low-to-mid single digits. This is lower than the company's previous forecast of $535m to $540m for the quarter based on flat comparable-store sales.
"We were on track to deliver on our sales and earnings guidance through the month of December; however, since the beginning of January, we have seen traffic and sales trends decelerate meaningfully," said CFO John Currie.
Nonetheless, he added: "As we end 2013, we are starting to see the results of the significant investments we made throughout this past year to strengthen and enhance our back-of-house product operations structure. While we realize that it will require continued investment and time to get to best-in-class status, with our new leadership in place we are very focused on building on this stronger foundation to execute our long-term growth strategies."
Late last year, Lululemon faced fresh complaints about the quality of its products, eight months after the brand was forced to pull a line of black Luon trousers from its stores after the fabric was found to be see-through.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? 3D product development and design, digital continuity of information and images, predictive analytics, Systems that ...
Lululemon Athletica, based in Canada, specialises in the design and sale of technical apparel and accessories for athletic pursuits such as yoga, running and general fitness at premium prices. The com...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
- String traceability tool goes back to basics
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Adidas supplier factory strike enters second week
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy