US: Lululemon shareholder Capital doubles stake?
Capital Group is rumoured to have more than doubled its stake in beleaguered Canadian yoga wear brand Lululemon Athletica, which has been battling falling sales after complaints about the quality of its products.
Capital Research Global Investors now owns 12.7m shares or an 11% interest in the company, a Lululemon filing stated. A Reuters report earlier this week said this is up from 5.9m shares or a 5.1% as of 30 September.
It added that according to Thomson Reuters data, the increase would make Capital Group the third largest shareholder in Lululemon.
Both Capital Group and Lululemon have not yet responded to requests for comment.
Lululemon, which has been embroiled in complaints over the quality of its products for nearly a year, in January lowered its fourth-quarter earnings and sales guidance due to declining traffic and revenue trends.
Last March, the yoga brand recalled a line of sheerer than expected black Luon products. Eight months after, it was forced to pull another line of trousers from its stores after the fabric was also found to be see-through.
lululemon athletica inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
Lululemon Athletica, based in Canada, specialises in the design and sale of technical apparel and accessories for athletic pursuits such as yoga, running and general fitness at premium prices. The com...
Lululemon founder Chip Wilson has announced his decision to step down from the board of directors....
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
Sports apparel is worn during workouts or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are typical sport-specific apparel used while playing...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019