US: Lululemon shareholder Capital doubles stake?
Capital Group is rumoured to have more than doubled its stake in beleaguered Canadian yoga wear brand Lululemon Athletica, which has been battling falling sales after complaints about the quality of its products.
Capital Research Global Investors now owns 12.7m shares or an 11% interest in the company, a Lululemon filing stated. A Reuters report earlier this week said this is up from 5.9m shares or a 5.1% as of 30 September.
It added that according to Thomson Reuters data, the increase would make Capital Group the third largest shareholder in Lululemon.
Both Capital Group and Lululemon have not yet responded to requests for comment.
Lululemon, which has been embroiled in complaints over the quality of its products for nearly a year, in January lowered its fourth-quarter earnings and sales guidance due to declining traffic and revenue trends.
Last March, the yoga brand recalled a line of sheerer than expected black Luon products. Eight months after, it was forced to pull another line of trousers from its stores after the fabric was also found to be see-through.
Lululemon Athletica, based in Canada, specialises in the design and sale of technical apparel and accessories for athletic pursuits such as yoga, running and general fitness at premium prices. The com...
Lululemon Athletica founder Chip Wilson has sold 50% of his ownership in the Canadian yoga wear brand to Advent International....
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include an aggressive recovery plan unveiled by Mothercare's new boss, why Nicaragua apparel makers fear a bleak future from TPP, and Brandix takes new st...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report