US: Lululemon shareholder Capital doubles stake?
Capital Group is rumoured to have more than doubled its stake in beleaguered Canadian yoga wear brand Lululemon Athletica, which has been battling falling sales after complaints about the quality of its products.
Capital Research Global Investors now owns 12.7m shares or an 11% interest in the company, a Lululemon filing stated. A Reuters report earlier this week said this is up from 5.9m shares or a 5.1% as of 30 September.
It added that according to Thomson Reuters data, the increase would make Capital Group the third largest shareholder in Lululemon.
Both Capital Group and Lululemon have not yet responded to requests for comment.
Lululemon, which has been embroiled in complaints over the quality of its products for nearly a year, in January lowered its fourth-quarter earnings and sales guidance due to declining traffic and revenue trends.
Last March, the yoga brand recalled a line of sheerer than expected black Luon products. Eight months after, it was forced to pull another line of trousers from its stores after the fabric was also found to be see-through.
Lululemon Athletica, based in Canada, specialises in the design and sale of technical apparel and accessories for athletic pursuits such as yoga, running and general fitness at premium prices. The com...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include an aggressive recovery plan unveiled by Mothercare's new boss, why Nicaragua apparel makers fear a bleak future from TPP, and Brandix takes new st...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies