US: Lululemon shareholder Capital doubles stake?
Capital Group is rumoured to have more than doubled its stake in beleaguered Canadian yoga wear brand Lululemon Athletica, which has been battling falling sales after complaints about the quality of its products.
Capital Research Global Investors now owns 12.7m shares or an 11% interest in the company, a Lululemon filing stated. A Reuters report earlier this week said this is up from 5.9m shares or a 5.1% as of 30 September.
It added that according to Thomson Reuters data, the increase would make Capital Group the third largest shareholder in Lululemon.
Both Capital Group and Lululemon have not yet responded to requests for comment.
Lululemon, which has been embroiled in complaints over the quality of its products for nearly a year, in January lowered its fourth-quarter earnings and sales guidance due to declining traffic and revenue trends.
Last March, the yoga brand recalled a line of sheerer than expected black Luon products. Eight months after, it was forced to pull another line of trousers from its stores after the fabric was also found to be see-through.
Lululemon Athletica, based in Canada, specialises in the design and sale of technical apparel and accessories for athletic pursuits such as yoga, running and general fitness at premium prices. The com...
Lululemon Athletica founder Chip Wilson has sold 50% of his ownership in the Canadian yoga wear brand to Advent International....
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include an aggressive recovery plan unveiled by Mothercare's new boss, why Nicaragua apparel makers fear a bleak future from TPP, and Brandix takes new st...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details