CANADA: Lululemon taps Kmart exec Poseley for product role
Poseley will be tasked with overseeing Lululemon's global merchandising and design strategy
Poseley succeeds Jennifer Battersby, who has accepted the position of senior vice president of sourcing. Poseley joins Lululemon from her role as president of the multichannel, multicategory Kmart apparel business.
With around 25 years of experience in product development, merchandising and brand management for both large-scale and entrepreneurial apparel firms, Poseley will be tasked with overseeing Lululemon's global merchandising and design strategy.
"Tara brings tremendous experience in merchandising and product execution that will greatly enhance the leadership team and increase the level of sophistication with which we approach the merchandising function," said Christine Day, CEO of Lululemon Athletica. "In addition, her proven track record in product allocation and planning will help us to maximize the productivity of each lululemon store."
Earlier this year, Lululemon was forced to issued a temporary recall on its popular black Luon leggings due to issues with a key fabric used in the item. The recall has hit earnings with its second-quarter profit falling 1.3% last month. The company also lowered its full year earnings and revenue forecast.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? 3D product development and design, digital continuity of information and images, predictive analytics, Systems that ...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Nike Inc and performance apparel firm Under Armour are continuing to gain massive traction in the rapidly growing, high margin activewear segment - but at the expense of Adidas and smaller brands, acc...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Are apparel prices really rising?
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020