CANADA: Lululemon taps Kmart exec Poseley for product role
Poseley will be tasked with overseeing Lululemon's global merchandising and design strategy
Poseley succeeds Jennifer Battersby, who has accepted the position of senior vice president of sourcing. Poseley joins Lululemon from her role as president of the multichannel, multicategory Kmart apparel business.
With around 25 years of experience in product development, merchandising and brand management for both large-scale and entrepreneurial apparel firms, Poseley will be tasked with overseeing Lululemon's global merchandising and design strategy.
"Tara brings tremendous experience in merchandising and product execution that will greatly enhance the leadership team and increase the level of sophistication with which we approach the merchandising function," said Christine Day, CEO of Lululemon Athletica. "In addition, her proven track record in product allocation and planning will help us to maximize the productivity of each lululemon store."
Earlier this year, Lululemon was forced to issued a temporary recall on its popular black Luon leggings due to issues with a key fabric used in the item. The recall has hit earnings with its second-quarter profit falling 1.3% last month. The company also lowered its full year earnings and revenue forecast.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? 3D product development and design, digital continuity of information and images, predictive analytics, Systems that ...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Nike Inc and performance apparel firm Under Armour are continuing to gain massive traction in the rapidly growing, high margin activewear segment - but at the expense of Adidas and smaller brands, acc...
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- TPP trade deal remains elusive but tantalising
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Vietnam apparel industry calls for lower wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019