CANADA: Lululemon taps Kmart exec Poseley for product role
Poseley will be tasked with overseeing Lululemon's global merchandising and design strategy
Poseley succeeds Jennifer Battersby, who has accepted the position of senior vice president of sourcing. Poseley joins Lululemon from her role as president of the multichannel, multicategory Kmart apparel business.
With around 25 years of experience in product development, merchandising and brand management for both large-scale and entrepreneurial apparel firms, Poseley will be tasked with overseeing Lululemon's global merchandising and design strategy.
"Tara brings tremendous experience in merchandising and product execution that will greatly enhance the leadership team and increase the level of sophistication with which we approach the merchandising function," said Christine Day, CEO of Lululemon Athletica. "In addition, her proven track record in product allocation and planning will help us to maximize the productivity of each lululemon store."
Earlier this year, Lululemon was forced to issued a temporary recall on its popular black Luon leggings due to issues with a key fabric used in the item. The recall has hit earnings with its second-quarter profit falling 1.3% last month. The company also lowered its full year earnings and revenue forecast.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? 3D product development and design, digital continuity of information and images, predictive analytics, Systems that ...
Lululemon Athletica, based in Canada, specialises in the design and sale of technical apparel and accessories for athletic pursuits such as yoga, running and general fitness at premium prices. The com...
More than 150 companies have now signed the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in April last year, which killed more than 1,...
Kmart Corporation - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SW...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy