UK: Lumberjack shirt sales soar at Debenhams
UK department store chain Debenhams says that sales of traditional long-sleeved check shirts have shot up 65% compared to last year.
Debenhams said the lumberjack-style shirt surge has been inspired by the likes of Prince Harry, David Beckham, Justin Timberlake and Robert Pattinson wearing them.
It has brought in more lumberjack styles to cope with the demand, a statement said.
Ruth Attridge, spokesperson for Debenhams said: "Although the lumberjack look is back in vogue, the chunky check shirt is now more likely to be worn out on the town than slogging away in the forests.
"Modern man has been influenced by these uber-masculine folklore heroes, but unlike the figure made famous by Monty Python, these days lumberjack shirts are more likely to be worn with a t-shirt underneath, not lingerie."
Over the past two days just-style attended the Retail Week Conference 2011 in London. Key themes included the consumer environment, price inflation, emerging markets and e-commerce. Here is a collecti...
Debenhams chief executive Rob Templeman has been appointed as chairman of the British Retail Consortium (BRC). ...
UK retailer Marks and Spencer (M&S) has appointed Alison Jones to a newly created position of brand director of general merchandise. ...
A showcase of suppliers and manufacturers from all over the world working to fair trade, ethical and organic standards is taking place in London this year, providing an alternative sourcing opportunit...
UK department store retailer Debenhams says its sales of nude shapewear have risen 99% in the past four weeks. ...
UK department store chain Debenhams has announced today (14 April) that its chief executive Rob Templeman intends to retire after eight years' service. ...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack