FRANCE: Luxury and high-end manufacturers on show
Made in France by Fatex, the trade show for fashion firms seeking high-end and luxury French manufacturers, celebrates its tenth anniversary next year.
To mark its growth, the event has moved to the Carrousel du Louvre in the heart of Paris, and will take place on 10-11 April 2013.
Its organisers say that since the start of 2012, the value of French clothing exports has risen to EUR2.977bn (US$3.8bn), with EUR1.94m going to the EU and the remaining EUR1.04m to other countries.
They also point out that more than 7 out of 10 French people say they are prepared to spend a little more to buy products that are "Made in France".
- Li & Fung: China consumption to bring major change
- INTERVIEW: Crystal CEO rises to the challenges
- Innovation and e-commerce key to Nike's growth
- Pacific Crystal Textiles gears up for production
- Opinion divided on China cotton import cuts
- Addressing anaemia key to Cambodia productivity
- Chinese firm to invest in Ethiopian textile plant
- Textile value chain making Africa more competitive
- Activists slam dismissals at Sri Lanka shoe firm
- Columbia Sportswear hires global manufacturing VP