FRANCE: Luxury and high-end manufacturers on show
Made in France by Fatex, the trade show for fashion firms seeking high-end and luxury French manufacturers, celebrates its tenth anniversary next year.
To mark its growth, the event has moved to the Carrousel du Louvre in the heart of Paris, and will take place on 10-11 April 2013.
Its organisers say that since the start of 2012, the value of French clothing exports has risen to EUR2.977bn (US$3.8bn), with EUR1.94m going to the EU and the remaining EUR1.04m to other countries.
They also point out that more than 7 out of 10 French people say they are prepared to spend a little more to buy products that are "Made in France".
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- PETA calls for wool boycott on “gruesome” exposé
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory