FRANCE: Luxury and high-end manufacturers on show
Made in France by Fatex, the trade show for fashion firms seeking high-end and luxury French manufacturers, celebrates its tenth anniversary next year.
To mark its growth, the event has moved to the Carrousel du Louvre in the heart of Paris, and will take place on 10-11 April 2013.
Its organisers say that since the start of 2012, the value of French clothing exports has risen to EUR2.977bn (US$3.8bn), with EUR1.94m going to the EU and the remaining EUR1.04m to other countries.
They also point out that more than 7 out of 10 French people say they are prepared to spend a little more to buy products that are "Made in France".
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket