USA: Luxury E-Tailer Luxlook.com To Cease Trading
Luxury online retailer Luxlook.com has become the latest dot.com casualty with the announcement that it plans to shut down its operations at the end of the month. "Obviously, this is a sad and disappointing outcome for a venture in which all of us believed in enormously," said Luxlook's chairman and chief executive officer, Francesco Marini Clarelli. "While we consider that the Internet may eventually prove to be a significant and viable market for luxury fashion projects, the slower than expected growth in the company's sales and the very difficult capital market environment make it imprudent for the company to continue operations."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack