INDIA: Luxury market “to treble” in three years
India’s luxury goods market has been largely unaffected by the country’s economic slowdown and is poised to expand threefold in the next three years, according to new research.
In a recent paper, ASSOCHAM, the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India said the country's luxury goods market was worth an estimated US$8.5bn in 2013, up from $6.5bn in 2012.
It added that revenues were expected to exceed $14bn as the market expanded threefold over the next three years, with the number of millionaires also expected to multiply by the end of 2017.
“A young demographic profile, growing number of millionaires and billionaires, and aspirational integration with the globe are all among the driving factors for the luxury markets which see a big potential in India,” said D S Rawat, ASSOCHAM secretary general.
“Since the high-end products and lifestyles are not price-elastic, they don’t get much affected by the slowdown.”
ASSOCHAM highlighted the “craze” among young people for branded products as one of the driving factors of growth, pinpointing Gucci, Christian Dior, LVMH India and Judith Leiber among the strong performers in 2013.
“Luxury jewellery, electronics, SUV cars and fine dining have grown beyond expectations, while apparel, accessories, wines and spirits have continued their strong growth in 2013,” said Rawat.
Experts from leading fashion and apparel brands including Gucci, Adidas, Burberry and Tommy Hilfiger are taking part in a two-day event in London that will look at the opportunities offered by modern ...
LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT...
LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA (MC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has bee...
The global luxury goods sector remains resilient, despite a tougher consumer market, with French luxury goods giant LVMH topping the list of the largest companies in the sector....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Hats, Caps, And Millinery in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin Ame...
Luxury goods group Kering is "making progress" towards reaching sustainability targets, two years after announcing a four-year programme on tackling environment and social issues....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies