FRANCE: LVMH FY Profit Passes The €1bn Mark
Luxury goods group LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a 39.7 per cent jump in in its full year results with strong contributions from all of its business groups.
Net income leapt to €1.010 billion from €723 million in 2003, exceeding €1bn for the first time.
Sales for the year increased 6 per cent to €12.62bn from €11.96bn last year.
The company said that all groups saw a growth in market share, and that the Louis Vuitton brand reported double-digit organic sales hikes, particularly in the US and Asian markets.
Among the other fashion brands, Celine, Marc Jacobs, Pucci and Berluti continue to grow with notable development in Asia.
The company said that the reorganisation at Fendi and Donna Karan was continuing with good prospects for the medium term.
LVMH said it will continue its strategy of building internal growth and the development of its leading brands in 2005.
LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton's Fashion and Leather Goods division includes Louis Vuitton, as well as Celine, Loewe, Kenzo, Givenchy, Thomas Pink, Fendi, Emilio Pucci, Donna Karan, Marc Jacobs, Berluti and StefanoBi.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sourcing at MAGIC tackles trade, Africa and speed
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar