UK: LVMH Has Burberry In Its Sights
Press reports say that LVMH, the luxury brand company, and Texas Pacific, the American private equity firm that owns shoe company Bally, are rivals in the battle for Burberry.It has been reported that both companies have approached GUS, the home-shopping giant that owns the revitalised British fashion brand.Another option under consideration is a flotation of Burberry. Tod's, the Italian shoemaker and leather goods company, became the third pure luxury goods group to seek a listing in the past six years when it came to the market this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores