UK: LVMH Has Burberry In Its Sights
Press reports say that LVMH, the luxury brand company, and Texas Pacific, the American private equity firm that owns shoe company Bally, are rivals in the battle for Burberry.It has been reported that both companies have approached GUS, the home-shopping giant that owns the revitalised British fashion brand.Another option under consideration is a flotation of Burberry. Tod's, the Italian shoemaker and leather goods company, became the third pure luxury goods group to seek a listing in the past six years when it came to the market this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022