US: LVMH names Weber as US chief
French luxury products group LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton has appointed Mark Weber as chief executive of LVMH Inc in the US and chairman and CEO of Donna Karan International.
The Luxury products group wants Weber to seek strategic opportunities for the LVMH in the US market and drive the turnaround of Donna Karan. He also will have global responsibility for Thomas Pink.
Weber spent more than 30 years at the apparel maker Phillips-Van Heusen, where he became CEO before leaving in February, and replaces Jeffry Aronsson at Donna Karan.
LVMH's fashion and leather brands include Givenchy, Thomas Pink, Fendi, Emilio Pucci, Donna Karan and Marc Jacobs.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
AV Birla Group-led company Madura Garments is reportedly planning to withdraw its denim brand SF Jeans from the Indian market....
Phillips-Van Heusen Corp late Monday (26 March) reported double-digit gains in profits and sales for its fourth quarter as its heavier dependence on royalty income lifted margins significantly....
Claire's Stores said Tuesday (20 March) that it had agreed to be acquired and taken private for US$3.1bn by private-equity firm Apollo Management following a three-month plus search for "strategic alt...
Phillips-Van Heusen Corp has licensed Gemini Cosmetics to market Izod brand fragrances for men and women in the US....
Phillips-Van Heusen, the world's largest shirt company, is using JDA Portfolio applications to help increase its in-stock position and improve sales markdowns....
Top apparel firm Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH) has signed a licensing deal with The Timberland Company to design, source and market men's and women's casual sportswear under the Timberland brand in North ...
Windsong Sport LLC has been licensed by the Calvin Klein subsidiary of Phillips-Van Heusen Corp to manufacture and market a line of men's and women's golf apparel and accessories bearing the white-lab...
Jim McCormick has joined Harbor Footwear Group Ltd as president of Bass Wholesale, which earlier this week was licensed to market GH Bass footwear globally by Phillips-Van Heusen Corp....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts