FRANCE: LVMH Opens First Vuitton Store In India
Luxury goods giant LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA on Friday opened the first outlet in India for its famous Vuitton leather goods brand and revealed it plans to open several more stores there in the future.
The world's biggest luxury goods company said the new store, in central New Delhi, brings its global network of Vuitton stores to 298 in 51 countries.
The boss of LVMH's fashion and leather goods businesses, Yves Carcelle, said the firm is confident the store will perform well having previously enjoyed success with the Vuitton network in South Korea, China and Vietnam.
"We hope to open other stores in the years ahead," Carcelle said in a statement, with the country's other major cities in line for consideration." The potential is massive in India."
LVMH's fashion and leather goods empire generated revenues of more than 4.1 billion euros last year, of which around 15 per cent came from its operations in Asia.
Companies: Hugo Boss AG
The ex-boss of collapsed department store chain Allders is in discussions to take over the lead of supermarket giant Tesco's clothing division, according to a report in The Sunday Times newspaper....
German clothing firm Hugo Boss has criticised the Turkish government's tax policy in the country's free trade zones, saying that they have prevented the company from setting up a major production hub ...
Wang Shenyang, Chairman of China Chamber of Commerce for Imports and Exports of Textiles, said that Pakistan and China need to work with each other to boost the development of textiles trade....
Luxury goods giant Hugo Boss AG plans to grow sales from its Boss Woman unit by approximately 30 per cent to almost €90 million this year, chief executive officer Bruno Saelzer told German magazine Eu...
Italian clothing and textiles group Marzotto does not plan any "extraordinary operations" for the Hugo Boss brand, Reuters quoted chairman Antonio Favrin as saying....
Colombian clothing distributor Le Collezioni has agreed a contract with Italian garment maker Loro Piana to exclusively distribute its products in Colombia....
Luxury goods company Hugo Boss AG is planning to grow its shoes and accessories divisions over the coming years in order to capitalise on growing sales in those sectors, Financial Times Deutschland qu...
Fashion and textiles group Marzotto SpA said first-quarter 2005 sales and profits grew on good performances at its Hugo Boss and Valentino clothing units....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020