FRANCE: LVMH supplier to acquire Lejaby plant
A Lejaby production plant, which was set to close under the terms of a takeover bid for the lingerie group accepted by a commercial court last month, has been acquired by Sofama, a company which supplies handbags to LVMH subsidiary Louis Vuitton.
All of the staff at the plant will keep their jobs and be re-trained in working with textile and leather materials.
Within the framework of its expansion in leather goods, LVMH will provide the plant with an order book stretching over several years, a statement read.
President Nicolas Sarkozy made the fate of Lejaby the focus of a pre-election drive to keep jobs in France and prevent them from being transferred abroad.
Luxury group LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton said it is confident about the second half of the year after posting a jump in first-half net profit. ...
Senior figures in leading European fashion houses and high-end industries have been told by the European Commission that a number of key initiatives "to boost creativity in the sector" will be announ...
Luxury group LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has announced the acquisition of made-to-measure men's wear brand Arnys. ...
Online luxury retailer Bluefly has today (12 June) named former Saks Fifth Avenue and LVMH executive Scott Erdman as its new senior vice president of merchandising....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts