FRANCE: LVMH supplier to acquire Lejaby plant
A Lejaby production plant, which was set to close under the terms of a takeover bid for the lingerie group accepted by a commercial court last month, has been acquired by Sofama, a company which supplies handbags to LVMH subsidiary Louis Vuitton.
All of the staff at the plant will keep their jobs and be re-trained in working with textile and leather materials.
Within the framework of its expansion in leather goods, LVMH will provide the plant with an order book stretching over several years, a statement read.
President Nicolas Sarkozy made the fate of Lejaby the focus of a pre-election drive to keep jobs in France and prevent them from being transferred abroad.
Luxury group LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton said it is confident about the second half of the year after posting a jump in first-half net profit. ...
Senior figures in leading European fashion houses and high-end industries have been told by the European Commission that a number of key initiatives "to boost creativity in the sector" will be announ...
Luxury group LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has announced the acquisition of made-to-measure men's wear brand Arnys. ...
Online luxury retailer Bluefly has today (12 June) named former Saks Fifth Avenue and LVMH executive Scott Erdman as its new senior vice president of merchandising....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis