FRANCE: LVMH supplier to acquire Lejaby plant
A Lejaby production plant, which was set to close under the terms of a takeover bid for the lingerie group accepted by a commercial court last month, has been acquired by Sofama, a company which supplies handbags to LVMH subsidiary Louis Vuitton.
All of the staff at the plant will keep their jobs and be re-trained in working with textile and leather materials.
Within the framework of its expansion in leather goods, LVMH will provide the plant with an order book stretching over several years, a statement read.
President Nicolas Sarkozy made the fate of Lejaby the focus of a pre-election drive to keep jobs in France and prevent them from being transferred abroad.
Luxury group LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton said it is confident about the second half of the year after posting a jump in first-half net profit. ...
Senior figures in leading European fashion houses and high-end industries have been told by the European Commission that a number of key initiatives "to boost creativity in the sector" will be announ...
Luxury group LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has announced the acquisition of made-to-measure men's wear brand Arnys. ...
Online luxury retailer Bluefly has today (12 June) named former Saks Fifth Avenue and LVMH executive Scott Erdman as its new senior vice president of merchandising....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- World cotton trade seen stable in 2015/16
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry