FRANCE: LVMH's Arnault Wins Benjamin Franklin Prize
Bernard Arnault, chairman of luxury products group LVMH, has been awarded the Benjamin Franklin prize for promoting Franco-American relations.The prize, presented by Ambassador Curley and Mr Michel David-Weill, chairman of Banque Lazard and a member of the Franco-American Foundation, is awarded every year to a personality whose work and initiatives serve to strengthen Franco-American links in all areas. The award will serve as recognition of the creative work that Bernard Arnault has achieved in the US as the head of LVMH - the promotion of American designers such as Marc Jacobs (Louis Vuitton) and Michael Kors (celine) and the building of the LVMH Tower in New York, designed by Christian de Portzamparc (winner of the Pritzker Prize in 1994); and in the field of economic development, encompassing that of Sephora US, the launches of Sephora.com and the E.Luxury and the acquisition of very promising cosmetics start-up companies such as Bliss, Hard Candy, Urban Decay, Benefit and Fresh.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective