FRANCE: LVMH's Arnault Wins Benjamin Franklin Prize
Bernard Arnault, chairman of luxury products group LVMH, has been awarded the Benjamin Franklin prize for promoting Franco-American relations.The prize, presented by Ambassador Curley and Mr Michel David-Weill, chairman of Banque Lazard and a member of the Franco-American Foundation, is awarded every year to a personality whose work and initiatives serve to strengthen Franco-American links in all areas. The award will serve as recognition of the creative work that Bernard Arnault has achieved in the US as the head of LVMH - the promotion of American designers such as Marc Jacobs (Louis Vuitton) and Michael Kors (celine) and the building of the LVMH Tower in New York, designed by Christian de Portzamparc (winner of the Pritzker Prize in 1994); and in the field of economic development, encompassing that of Sephora US, the launches of Sephora.com and the E.Luxury and the acquisition of very promising cosmetics start-up companies such as Bliss, Hard Candy, Urban Decay, Benefit and Fresh.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022