FRANCE: LVMH's Arnault Wins Benjamin Franklin Prize
Bernard Arnault, chairman of luxury products group LVMH, has been awarded the Benjamin Franklin prize for promoting Franco-American relations.The prize, presented by Ambassador Curley and Mr Michel David-Weill, chairman of Banque Lazard and a member of the Franco-American Foundation, is awarded every year to a personality whose work and initiatives serve to strengthen Franco-American links in all areas. The award will serve as recognition of the creative work that Bernard Arnault has achieved in the US as the head of LVMH - the promotion of American designers such as Marc Jacobs (Louis Vuitton) and Michael Kors (celine) and the building of the LVMH Tower in New York, designed by Christian de Portzamparc (winner of the Pritzker Prize in 1994); and in the field of economic development, encompassing that of Sephora US, the launches of Sephora.com and the E.Luxury and the acquisition of very promising cosmetics start-up companies such as Bliss, Hard Candy, Urban Decay, Benefit and Fresh.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022