Lycra Beauty denim fabrics to launch in autumn
Invista showcased the latest Lycra Beauty branded shaping fabrics in New York
The first garments using Lycra Beauty branded denim fabrics will launch this autumn, US fibre maker Invista has said, as it recently showcased new fabric options for boyfriend jeans and new performance fabrics.
Exhibiting at last month's Kingpins denim show in New York, Invista showcased the latest Lycra Beauty branded shaping fabrics from around the world. It also showed the latest performance offerings with Coolmax and Thermolite fabrics, including new options for the boyfriend jean using lastingFIT technology by Lycra.
According to Jean Hegedus, Invista’s global business director for denim, response to the Lycra Beauty branded denim fabric has been strong. "Today we have over 200 certified Lycra Beauty branded denim fabrics and the first garments will appear at retail later this fall. By sourcing fabrics that meet Lycra beauty quality standards, brands and retailers have the tools to develop garments that provide comfortable shaping, resulting in a high degree of consumer satisfaction."
Rounding out the global fabric collection at the Invista stand were the latest Coolmax and Thermolite fabrics for the growing category of performance denim. "Today’s consumers are looking for garments and fabrics that 'do' something - offer some kind of added value, whether it be shaping denim like Lycra Beauty fabrics, or Coolmax fabric with cool, dry comfort, or Thermolite fabric that helps keep you warm," Hegedus added.
An Invista study earlier this year conducted by Strategic Insights showed more than 80% of women across the US, UK, France, Germany and Italy were interested in purchasing denim garments that could shape or enhance their body, and wanted the denim fabric itself to do the shaping rather than wearing a shaping undergarment with their jeans.
To help address these needs, Invista employed a scientific process and body scanning technology to determine the ability of a fabric to provide comfortable shaping. Based on months of testing, the fibre maker developed fabric quality standards. Garments made with fabrics that pass these standards are eligible to carry the Lycra Beauty logo or hang-tag.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack