FRANCE: Lycra Beauty extends to lace and natural fabrics
Fibre producer Invista is extending its Lycra Beauty fabric certification scheme to include lace and fabrics made with natural/cellulosic fibres.
The initiative previously focused on synthetic-based fabrics for shapwear and sculpting lingerie.
"We know from our continual consumer research that comfort and fit rank as priorities," explained Arnaud Ruffin, segment leader for lingerie and shapewear at Invista.
"Our Lycra Beauty fabric offering is perfectly suited for women of all ages, shapes and sizes to help them feel beautiful and confident."
The new fabric platform to be unveiled at Mode City, which takes place in Paris from 6-8 July.
Also on show will be "cutting-edge" Lycra fibre with W technology, which is said to offer durable whiteness retention, improved uniformity and richer colouration in both warp and circular knit fabrics.
Polymer and fibre producer Invista is teaming up with industrial biotechnology company Ingenza to develop new bio-derived processes that can be used to produce industrial chemicals....
Denim sourcing show Kingpins is planning its first-ever European event next year in Amsterdam....
Fibre producer Invista has acquired German competitor Advansa's assets relating to speciality polyester products. ...
Fibre maker Invista is planning a $500m investment to set up a new manufacturing unit at its site in Victoria, Texas to make raw materials used in the production of nylon....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020