FRANCE: Lycra Beauty extends to lace and natural fabrics
Fibre producer Invista is extending its Lycra Beauty fabric certification scheme to include lace and fabrics made with natural/cellulosic fibres.
The initiative previously focused on synthetic-based fabrics for shapwear and sculpting lingerie.
"We know from our continual consumer research that comfort and fit rank as priorities," explained Arnaud Ruffin, segment leader for lingerie and shapewear at Invista.
"Our Lycra Beauty fabric offering is perfectly suited for women of all ages, shapes and sizes to help them feel beautiful and confident."
The new fabric platform to be unveiled at Mode City, which takes place in Paris from 6-8 July.
Also on show will be "cutting-edge" Lycra fibre with W technology, which is said to offer durable whiteness retention, improved uniformity and richer colouration in both warp and circular knit fabrics.
Polymer and fibre producer Invista is teaming up with industrial biotechnology company Ingenza to develop new bio-derived processes that can be used to produce industrial chemicals....
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
Denim sourcing show Kingpins is planning its first-ever European event next year in Amsterdam....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Fibre producer Invista has acquired German competitor Advansa's assets relating to speciality polyester products. ...
In Romania, tests conducted by the DuPont corporation and the Consumer Protection Office demonstrated the false use and abuse of the Lycra trademark, which belongs to DuPont. Most cases of abuse regis...
Fibre maker Invista is planning a $500m investment to set up a new manufacturing unit at its site in Victoria, Texas to make raw materials used in the production of nylon....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Tesco update: What the analysts say
- China cuts cotton imports to boost domestic sales
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Apparel is third-largest re-shored US sector
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Fashion brands support Cambodia wage rise
- China dye-maker to shut after desert pollution
- Trial cotton subsidy scheme underway in China
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report