FRANCE: Lycra Beauty extends to lace and natural fabrics
Fibre producer Invista is extending its Lycra Beauty fabric certification scheme to include lace and fabrics made with natural/cellulosic fibres.
The initiative previously focused on synthetic-based fabrics for shapwear and sculpting lingerie.
"We know from our continual consumer research that comfort and fit rank as priorities," explained Arnaud Ruffin, segment leader for lingerie and shapewear at Invista.
"Our Lycra Beauty fabric offering is perfectly suited for women of all ages, shapes and sizes to help them feel beautiful and confident."
The new fabric platform to be unveiled at Mode City, which takes place in Paris from 6-8 July.
Also on show will be "cutting-edge" Lycra fibre with W technology, which is said to offer durable whiteness retention, improved uniformity and richer colouration in both warp and circular knit fabrics.
Polymer and fibre producer Invista is teaming up with industrial biotechnology company Ingenza to develop new bio-derived processes that can be used to produce industrial chemicals....
Denim sourcing show Kingpins is planning its first-ever European event next year in Amsterdam....
Fibre producer Invista has acquired German competitor Advansa's assets relating to speciality polyester products. ...
Fibre maker Invista is planning a $500m investment to set up a new manufacturing unit at its site in Victoria, Texas to make raw materials used in the production of nylon....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack