USA: LYCRA Gets Into Leather With Nine West Shoes
DuPont LYCRA and Nine West Group have joined forces to launch LYCRA elastane as a component in Nine West's Easy Spirit shoe division. Nine West, a subsidiary of Jones Apparel Group, said the relationship has the potential to expand throughout all of its retail divisions. The agreement will encompass LYCRA innovative material and construction technologies for combining the stretch and recovery property of LYCRA with leather. The first Easy Spirit shoes with LYCRA will be unveiled in March 2001 in the 200 Easy Spirit retail locations. Known for comfort and fit, these new Easy Spirit models will also be designed to appeal to a younger audience."Expanding our offerings with this new footwear brings another level of innovation and differentiation to the Easy Spirit brand. We believe this will further enhance our market presence by providing a more versatile product to the consumer," stated Jacki Nemerov, president, Jones Apparel Group."We are very pleased with the business agreement developed with the Nine West Group. This will further strengthen the existing partnership that DuPont LYCRA already has with the Jones Apparel Group. It is also an excellent example of how LYCRA provides comfort, fit and freedom of movement to new markets and new uses beyond the traditional apparel segments," says Bill Ghitis, global vice president of new business development, DuPont LYCRA. Under the financial terms of the sales-based licensing agreement, Nine West shoe brands will use the LYCRA brand and patents, including innovative proprietary materials such as Leather with LYCRA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar