US: Lyric launches American Idol apparel line
Music-driven fashion firm Lyric Jeans has entered into a licensing agreement with FremantleMedia, co-producer and licensor for US singing contest American Idol.
The US company is creating a lyric-inspired apparel line for department stores, mid-tier and mass market retailers, it said.
The initial Lyric Jeans-American Idol collection will focus on the contemporary juniors and girls market and expand into other areas including children's wear.
"American Idol is the most powerful and iconic music brand in popular culture today and the perfect tie-in for our creative concept," said Hanna Rochelle Schmieder, president of Lyric Jeans. "We couldn't have dreamt of a better partner. Now music and fashion lovers everywhere can feel like a pop star and express themselves through our lyric-driven lifestyle brand."
The fashion firm already uses lyrical content on jeans, denim wear and accessories, with deals in place with the music publishing companies including Warner Chappell, EMI, Universal, Sony/ATV and BMG.
Lyric has secured the rights to utilise words made famous by The Beatles, Janis Joplin, David Bowie, Marvin Gaye, The Bee Gees and Rod Stewart.
The company currently produces Lyric Culture, a rock n' roll apparel and accessories line available at Saks Fifth Avenue and specialty boutiques in the US.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Fast Retailing Co today (14 December) opens its first Uniqlo brand casualwear store in France, making this the fifth overseas market for the firm following the UK, China, South Korea and the US. The J...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' October 2007 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Avery Dennison and TradeCard are teaming up to offer what is thought to be the first end-to-end product and payment visibility solution that integrates all processes and partners in an extended supply...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' December 2007 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Organic and sustainable fashion firm Under the Canopy has appointed Barbara Cavanagh to the post of chief executive officer....
A rise in tourist spending coupled with a freeze on pension benefits, have helped Neiman Marcus Inc nearly triple its first quarter profit....
British fashion firm Jaeger has launched an exclusively designed women's wear collection at US department store group Saks Fifth Avenue....
US retailer Saks has spent US$2.7m on settling two lawsuits brought by suppliers complaining about alleged abusive practices, according to the Wall Street Journal....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar