UK: Machinery supplier Geoffrey Macpherson seeks buyer
Geoffrey E Macpherson Limited, the supplier of textile machinery, embroidery yarn and consumables has called in the administrators after facing financial difficulties over its pension deficit.
The Nottingham-based company employs 18 staff and has an annual turnover of around GBP3m.
Stuart Maddison, joint administrator and partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers in the East Midlands, said: "With the support of key customers and suppliers we are continuing to trade the business as normal while we look for a buyer for all or part of the business."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022