US: Macy's goes live with RFID software
The tool is expected to reduce the time needed for display counting and restocking
US department store retailer Macy's has implemented RFID enabled technology across its 850 stores to help improve inventory accuracy, increase efficiency, and drive sales.
The TrueVue Inventory Display Execution application from Tyco Retail Solutions is also expected to help Macy's reduce the time needed for display counting and restocking, reduce overstocks and markdowns, and decrease labour costs associated with inventory compliance.
The tool was initially deployed on the “world’s largest shoe floor” at the Macy’s flagship Herald Square location, before being rolled out in Macy’s and Bloomingdales stores nationwide.
By rolling out the technology, the retailer was able to tag every display shoe with an RFID label, and easily and accurately inventory the shoes on display each day.
As a result, the retailer said has increased display shoe compliance from 65-70% to nearly 100%, significantly educing the number of missing shoe display styles.
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
Macys Inc, formerly known as Federated Department Stores, continues to be the leading department store operator, operating under the fascias Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s. Its “My Macy’s” initiative, a lo...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket