US: Macy's goes live with RFID software
The tool is expected to reduce the time needed for display counting and restocking
US department store retailer Macy's has implemented RFID enabled technology across its 850 stores to help improve inventory accuracy, increase efficiency, and drive sales.
The TrueVue Inventory Display Execution application from Tyco Retail Solutions is also expected to help Macy's reduce the time needed for display counting and restocking, reduce overstocks and markdowns, and decrease labour costs associated with inventory compliance.
The tool was initially deployed on the “world’s largest shoe floor” at the Macy’s flagship Herald Square location, before being rolled out in Macy’s and Bloomingdales stores nationwide.
By rolling out the technology, the retailer was able to tag every display shoe with an RFID label, and easily and accurately inventory the shoes on display each day.
As a result, the retailer said has increased display shoe compliance from 65-70% to nearly 100%, significantly educing the number of missing shoe display styles.
Licensing business Parigi is suing sporting goods giant Puma, accusing the German sportswear company of stealing trade secrets in order to transfer business to a "secret" joint venture....
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras