US: Macy's goes live with RFID software
The tool is expected to reduce the time needed for display counting and restocking
US department store retailer Macy's has implemented RFID enabled technology across its 850 stores to help improve inventory accuracy, increase efficiency, and drive sales.
The TrueVue Inventory Display Execution application from Tyco Retail Solutions is also expected to help Macy's reduce the time needed for display counting and restocking, reduce overstocks and markdowns, and decrease labour costs associated with inventory compliance.
The tool was initially deployed on the “world’s largest shoe floor” at the Macy’s flagship Herald Square location, before being rolled out in Macy’s and Bloomingdales stores nationwide.
By rolling out the technology, the retailer was able to tag every display shoe with an RFID label, and easily and accurately inventory the shoes on display each day.
As a result, the retailer said has increased display shoe compliance from 65-70% to nearly 100%, significantly educing the number of missing shoe display styles.
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
Licensing business Parigi is suing sporting goods giant Puma, accusing the German sportswear company of stealing trade secrets in order to transfer business to a "secret" joint venture....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the home textile industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate soci...
Synopsis Canadean's "Jaclyn, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020