US: Macy's merchandising chief promoted to president
Jeffrey Gennette has been promoted to president of US department store retailer Macy's, taking on additional responsibility for its marketing and online business.
Gennette, who has served as Macy's chief merchandising officer for the past five year, takes over the role from CEO and chairman Terry Lundgren.
Gennette will retain day-to-day responsibility for the company's merchandising functions, as well as oversight of marketing and Macys.com. He will also assume responsibility for Macy's Private Brands organisation.
"As our president, with the additional responsibility for Macy's private brands, Gennette will have a total view of Macy's merchandise assortment and marketing strategy - both in stores and online - consistent with our omnichannel vision," said Lundgren.
"Macy's, Inc. : Retail - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, majo...
Despite booking a 3.3% rise in second-quarter sales, department store retailer Macy's Inc today (13 August) lowered its full-year sales outlook, saying it was unable to make up the shortfall incurred ...
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
Macys Inc, formerly known as Federated Department Stores, continues to be the leading department store operator, operating under the fascias Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s. Its “My Macy’s” initiative, a lo...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- US apparel import data shows China competitiveness
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey