US: Macy's merchandising chief promoted to president
Jeffrey Gennette has been promoted to president of US department store retailer Macy's, taking on additional responsibility for its marketing and online business.
Gennette, who has served as Macy's chief merchandising officer for the past five year, takes over the role from CEO and chairman Terry Lundgren.
Gennette will retain day-to-day responsibility for the company's merchandising functions, as well as oversight of marketing and Macys.com. He will also assume responsibility for Macy's Private Brands organisation.
"As our president, with the additional responsibility for Macy's private brands, Gennette will have a total view of Macy's merchandise assortment and marketing strategy - both in stores and online - consistent with our omnichannel vision," said Lundgren.
From scanning technology for major sizing studies, to magic mirrors or virtual fitting rooms, 3D technology is helping to transform both retail stores and online shopping....
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
Sunrise Brands has selected Centric Software's product lifecycle management (PLM) software solution to support the growth of its private-label business....
Macys Inc, formerly known as Federated Department Stores, continues to be the leading department store operator, operating under the fascias Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s. Its “My Macy’s” initiative, a lo...
Despite booking a 3.3% rise in second-quarter sales, department store retailer Macy's Inc today (13 August) lowered its full-year sales outlook, saying it was unable to make up the shortfall incurred ...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details