US: Macy's merchandising chief promoted to president
Jeffrey Gennette has been promoted to president of US department store retailer Macy's, taking on additional responsibility for its marketing and online business.
Gennette, who has served as Macy's chief merchandising officer for the past five year, takes over the role from CEO and chairman Terry Lundgren.
Gennette will retain day-to-day responsibility for the company's merchandising functions, as well as oversight of marketing and Macys.com. He will also assume responsibility for Macy's Private Brands organisation.
"As our president, with the additional responsibility for Macy's private brands, Gennette will have a total view of Macy's merchandise assortment and marketing strategy - both in stores and online - consistent with our omnichannel vision," said Lundgren.
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the home textile industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate soci...
Synopsis Canadean's "Jaclyn, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- World cotton trade seen stable in 2015/16
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020