US: Macy's merchandising chief promoted to president
Jeffrey Gennette has been promoted to president of US department store retailer Macy's, taking on additional responsibility for its marketing and online business.
Gennette, who has served as Macy's chief merchandising officer for the past five year, takes over the role from CEO and chairman Terry Lundgren.
Gennette will retain day-to-day responsibility for the company's merchandising functions, as well as oversight of marketing and Macys.com. He will also assume responsibility for Macy's Private Brands organisation.
"As our president, with the additional responsibility for Macy's private brands, Gennette will have a total view of Macy's merchandise assortment and marketing strategy - both in stores and online - consistent with our omnichannel vision," said Lundgren.
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
Macys Inc, formerly known as Federated Department Stores, continues to be the leading department store operator, operating under the fascias Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s. Its “My Macy’s” initiative, a lo...
Iconix Brand Group has taken a stake in Nick Graham, which will allow the men's wear lifestyle apparel group to expand its product portfolio and enter new markets....
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault