US: Macy’s shuffles team as Cole departs
Macy’s chief administrative officer Thomas Cole – a 41-year veteran of the company – is retiring, prompting a series of changes to the retailer’s executive team.
Cole will remain with the US business until May this year, to allow a smooth transition to several other executives.
These include William Allen, previously senior vice-president with AP Moller-Maersk, who is appointed as the company’s new chief human resources officer.
Robert Harrison, previously executive vice president for omnichannel strategy, is given the newly created role of chief omnichannel officer and will also join the company’s executive committee.
Macy’s CFO Karen Hoguet assumes additional responsibilities for store planning, design and construction, while chief stores officer Peter Sachse will also now take charge of store planning, design and construction.
“These adjustments to our senior leadership team provide continuity and strengthen our ability to innovate as we work to maximise results in the years ahead from our core business strategies, including My Macy’s localisation, omnichannel alignment and customer engagement,” said Terry Lundgren, Macy’s chairman, president and CEO.
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis