US: Macy’s shuffles team as Cole departs
Macy’s chief administrative officer Thomas Cole – a 41-year veteran of the company – is retiring, prompting a series of changes to the retailer’s executive team.
Cole will remain with the US business until May this year, to allow a smooth transition to several other executives.
These include William Allen, previously senior vice-president with AP Moller-Maersk, who is appointed as the company’s new chief human resources officer.
Robert Harrison, previously executive vice president for omnichannel strategy, is given the newly created role of chief omnichannel officer and will also join the company’s executive committee.
Macy’s CFO Karen Hoguet assumes additional responsibilities for store planning, design and construction, while chief stores officer Peter Sachse will also now take charge of store planning, design and construction.
“These adjustments to our senior leadership team provide continuity and strengthen our ability to innovate as we work to maximise results in the years ahead from our core business strategies, including My Macy’s localisation, omnichannel alignment and customer engagement,” said Terry Lundgren, Macy’s chairman, president and CEO.
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- ANALYSIS: Back-to-school spending a waiting game
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- 'Cotton of the Carolinas' grows reshoring efforts
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report