US: Macy’s shuffles team as Cole departs
Macy’s chief administrative officer Thomas Cole – a 41-year veteran of the company – is retiring, prompting a series of changes to the retailer’s executive team.
Cole will remain with the US business until May this year, to allow a smooth transition to several other executives.
These include William Allen, previously senior vice-president with AP Moller-Maersk, who is appointed as the company’s new chief human resources officer.
Robert Harrison, previously executive vice president for omnichannel strategy, is given the newly created role of chief omnichannel officer and will also join the company’s executive committee.
Macy’s CFO Karen Hoguet assumes additional responsibilities for store planning, design and construction, while chief stores officer Peter Sachse will also now take charge of store planning, design and construction.
“These adjustments to our senior leadership team provide continuity and strengthen our ability to innovate as we work to maximise results in the years ahead from our core business strategies, including My Macy’s localisation, omnichannel alignment and customer engagement,” said Terry Lundgren, Macy’s chairman, president and CEO.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report