US: Macy’s shuffles team as Cole departs
Macy’s chief administrative officer Thomas Cole – a 41-year veteran of the company – is retiring, prompting a series of changes to the retailer’s executive team.
Cole will remain with the US business until May this year, to allow a smooth transition to several other executives.
These include William Allen, previously senior vice-president with AP Moller-Maersk, who is appointed as the company’s new chief human resources officer.
Robert Harrison, previously executive vice president for omnichannel strategy, is given the newly created role of chief omnichannel officer and will also join the company’s executive committee.
Macy’s CFO Karen Hoguet assumes additional responsibilities for store planning, design and construction, while chief stores officer Peter Sachse will also now take charge of store planning, design and construction.
“These adjustments to our senior leadership team provide continuity and strengthen our ability to innovate as we work to maximise results in the years ahead from our core business strategies, including My Macy’s localisation, omnichannel alignment and customer engagement,” said Terry Lundgren, Macy’s chairman, president and CEO.
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Gap deepens social and environmental efforts
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024