US: Macy's teams up with designer Matthew Williamson
Department store retailer Macy's has named Matthew Williamson as the next designer for its capsule collection series.
Following the launch with Kinder Aggugini in February 2011, the series has been developed with designers from around the globe.
Williamson's collection which will include 70s-inspired dresses, tops, scarves and leather and suede pieces, will be sold in approximately 225 Macy's stores nationwide and online starting 13 April.
Key items will include bold, graphic animal-inspired print and embellished day and party dresses, bohemian blouses, printed scarves and day-to-evening rompers.
"Matthew's irresistible fashion sense and extensive understanding of form and proportion are in sync with what our customer is looking for when shopping for fresh style this spring," said Macy's chief merchandising officer Jeff Gennette.
Additional designers in the series will be announced individually in advance of each capsule.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2011 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' July 2011 sales results....
Arafa Holding, Egypt's biggest garment producer and exporter, has signed a deal with Italian luxury men's wear group Ermenegildo Zegna to set up a shirt manufacturing company....
Department store retailer Macy's has teamed up with Italian designer Giambattista Valli to launch its latest capsule collection this autumn....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022