US: Macy's to launch Giambattista Valli collection
Department store retailer Macy's has teamed up with Italian designer Giambattista Valli to launch its latest capsule collection this autumn.
With prices ranging from US$50-$150, the 'Giambattista Valli for Impulse Only at Macy's' line will feature limited-edition "cocktail dresses, flirty skirts, feminine blouses, lightweight jackets, edgy pants and graphic T-shirts". It will be available in 225 Macy's stores nationwide and online from the end of October.
"It is a tribute to the success of this capsule series for Macy's to partner with Giambattista Valli on his first venture into affordable luxury goods," said Macy's chief merchandising officer, Jeff Gennette.
"He is a visionary talent known for extravagant designs, so heading into the holiday season is a perfect moment for his creations in our stores," he added.
Valli is the fourth designer Macy's has partnered with during the series, and his collection features "feminine fabrics, bold prints and his famous riotous colour." Known for extravagant designs and party dresses, the collection will be Valli's first venture into affordable fashion.
Last month the department store retailer joined with Karl Lagerfeld to introduce a limited-edition women's apparel line, which will be available from the end of the month.
Additional designers will be announced in advance of each capsule, the company said.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Premium and value were the big winners as US retailers reported their all-important December sales results yesterday (5 January)....
Post-holiday discounts helped many US retailers lift their sales in January, according to monthly figures released yesterday (2 February), but overall results were mixed as many consumers shopped caut...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2012 sales results....
Few incoming CEOs have put their stamp on their new company as quickly as JC Penney's Ron Johnson. His former life as head of retail at Apple is evident in the title of the new strategy for the ailing...
LF USA, a subsidiary of Hong Kong based consumer goods sourcing giant Li & Fung Limited, has opened new offices in Greensboro, North Carolina and hinted that expansion is likely....
US department store retailer Macy's has named Alberta Ferretti as the next fashion designer to take part in the designer capsule collection series for the retailer's contemporary 'Impulse' department....
US department store retailer Macy's Inc is reshuffling its executive leadership team ahead of the pending retirement of its chief stores officer Ron Klein at the end of March, after 36 years with the ...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar