US: Macy's to launch star-studded ad campaign
Macy's has revealed details about a new advertising campaign in the US featuring famous directors and celebrities, launching 16 September.
The ads will feature Sean (Diddy) Combs, Jessica Simpson, Martha Stewart, Usher, Donald Trump, Kenneth Cole, Marc Ecko, Kimora Lee Simmons, Russell Simmons and Tommy Hilfiger, and were directed by directors Barry Levinson, who directed Rain Man, and Bob Richardson, who made The Aviator and JFK.
A 90-second spot will break the campaign during the first hour of the primetime Emmys and will air several times throughout the telecast. 60- and 30-second brand spots will also run throughout the autumn season, the company said. The spots will be available for viewing online from September 19.
"Macy's new brand campaign pairs one of the largest celebrity ensemble casts ever in a TV ad with the incredible filmmaking talent of Barry Levinson and Bob Richardson," said Peter Sachse, president of Macy's corporate marketing.
"With clever storytelling that puts iconic faces and personalities to the assorted collection of brands housed under our one big roof, the campaign unquestionably reinforces Macy's epic heritage and relevance to our customer."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Plans by US retail group Macy's Inc to create a nationwide department store brand took a tumble last week when it unveiled measures to axe 2,300 jobs and restructure in an attempt to offset falling sa...
Tommy Hilfiger is to take its men's and women's footwear license back in-house next year, ending a ten year exclusive licensing term with the Stride Rite unit of Collective Brands in the US....
Apparel group Kenneth Cole Productions is "not satisfied" with the company's performance after reporting a fourth quarter fall in sales and earnings....
Embattled luxury fashion group Escada remains silent on local reports that private equity firm Apax Partners may soon buy a stake in the company....
Tommy Hilfiger Group has signed a global licensing deal for women's intimates with Delta Galil Industries Ltd....
Cole Haan, the upmarket shoes, handbags, coats and accessories subsidiary of Nike Inc, is to stop using fur in its products from autumn 2008....
San Francisco retail giant Gap Inc has parted company with Dawn Robertson, the president of its Old Navy value-price family apparel brand, after just 16 months in the job....
G-III Apparel Group has announced the acquisition of fashion brand Andrew Marc for approximately US$42m....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report