US: Macy’s unveils new wave of millennial brands
QMack is one of the new millennial brands launched by Macy's
Retail giant Macy’s has continued its “millennial” strategy with the launch of two more exclusive brands in store this August.
Maison Jules and QMack, positioned within the retailer’s Mstylelab and Impulse departments – aimed at consumers aged 13-22 and 19-30 respectively – will initially launch in 150 stores.
Said to be inspired by Parisian street style, Maison Jules offers “unique patterns and modern prints” in burgundy, yellow, navy and peach, including button-down tops with bicycle prints, animal-print dresses, floral skirts and striped cardigans, priced at US$17.50-59.
QMack, inspired by all-American street style, includes blazers, gathered minis, prep school skater skirts, roll-sleeve blouses, easy dresses and cardigans, priced at $29-299.
The autumn will also see new lines for Macy’s millennial brands introduced earlier this year, including Marilyn Monroe, Made Fashion Week, Keds and Teen Vogue.
“Throughout 2013, Macy’s has continued to invest in exclusive brands to engage millennial shoppers who are looking for diverse, current and trend-forward fashion,” said Molly Langenstein, EVP/GMM, millennial and new business development.
Macy's launched its so-called millennial initiative last autumn as part of a drive to boost its business with customers between the ages of 13 and 30.
It said the millennial generation was the US's largest and most diverse age demographic with spending estimated at $65bn each year. Consumers in this group are keenly interested in trends, style and value, the retailer added.
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
Engaging more deeply with customers, and offering a seamless capability no matter where or how they shop, is set to remain one of the biggest challenges for retailers in the year ahead according to ex...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
Workers making clothing for JC Penney, Macy's, Kohl's and Wal-Mart at the Alianza Fashion factory in Guatemala were deprived of more than $6m in back wages, benefits and pension funds when the company...
Macys Inc, formerly known as Federated Department Stores, continues to be the leading department store operator, operating under the fascias Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s. Its “My Macy’s” initiative, a lo...
Global freight forwarder and logistics services provider Damco is seeking help from the central bank of Bangladesh to resolve payment difficulties around its sea-air shipment business....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report