Madewell recalls 50,600 sandals over fall hazard
Some 50,600 women's sandals are being recalled
Clothing business Madewell has recalled some 50,600 women's sandals due to a potential falling hazard from the metal shank dislodging and breaking through the bottom of the outsole.
US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) said Madewell has received eight reports of the metal shanks dislodging and breaking through the bottom of the outsole, but no injuries have been reported.
The recall involves all Madewell Sightseer sandals from the spring 2015 collection. The sandals, which were manufactured in Brazil, were sold at Madewell stores and online at madewell.com and shopbop.com from February to July 2015 for US$60-$80.
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020