US: Madonna to launch Truth or Dare lifestyle brand
Following on from the success of her Material Girl teen clothing line, pop star Madonna is to launch a second label called Truth or Dare, this time focusing on women aged 27-50.
The new line is also part of the MG Icon joint venture with Iconix Brand Group, and department store retailer Macy's has again been chosen for the initial launch in 2012. In 2013, the brand will be widely distributed at leading department stores in the US.
Truth or Dare by Madonna will be a global lifestyle brand, beginning with footwear, handbags, intimates, accessories and fragrance.
"Over the past several years, I have been approached countless times to create my own brand," Madonna said. "The timing is right and I have found great partners in Iconix who can help translate my vision to reality."
Neil Cole, CEO at Iconix Brand Group, added: "The interest and excitement globally for brands developed by Madonna are significant.
"After the highly successful launch of the junior brand, Material Girl, we knew there would be a tremendous demand for a brand that Madonna herself is the face of and that truly captures her essence."
MG Icon's Material Girl brand was launched last year in collaboration with Madonna and her daughter Lourdes. Exclusively available at Macy's in the US and at The Bay in Canada, it has been rolled out to over 400 Macy's doors, 90 doors in The Bay and expanded its product offerings to include apparel, footwear, handbags, jewelry, swimwear, intimates and sleepwear, denim, social dresses, outwear and beauty.
The MG Icon joint venture is 50% owned by Iconix Brand Group and 50% by an entity controlled by Madonna and Guy Oseary. Iconix owns and licenses a portfolio of brands including Candie's, Bongo, Badgley Mischka and Joe Boxer.
A winning combination of warmer weather, an earlier Easter, new spring fashions and an improving economy helped a number of US apparel retailers to higher same-store sales for March, according to data...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' March 2012 sales results....
Second-quarter profit at Destination Maternity has fallen by 11%, the maternity wear retailer said today (26 April), but still came in above company expectations....
Iconix Brand Group has lowered its full-year forecast after it said it recorded "continued softness" in its men's wear brands, and a delay in government approval for its joint venture in India. ...
Canadian women's apparel retailer Nygård International has appointed Dawn Robertson as president of its fashions business, replacing Jim Bennett....
Consumer brand company Iconix Brand Group has appointed Seth Horowitz as president of the men's division....
Francisco Costa, creative director for Calvin Klein, is for the first time designing a lower-priced limited edition dress collection that will be available in Macy's stores....
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- India sets out long-overdue clothing labour reform
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts